Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longevity Research- cross posted

Re: Longevity Research- cross posted

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    Yeh, well done Ken!

My post actually included a reasoned response to the OP.

Maybe you guys should restate your bias so that the rest of us will know what opinions we are not permitted to express.
    Ray,

You should not take it personally. In the French reign of terror of Maximilien de Robespierre, and the Comité de salut public, everybody got their head lopped off, liberals, moderates and conservatives. Even Monsieur Robespierre eventually lost his!! And finally, after too much "guillontine chic" the tide turned.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    Yeh, well done Ken!

My post actually included a reasoned response to the OP.

Maybe you guys should restate your bias so that the rest of us will know what opinions we are not permitted to express.
    Okay. When a food-fight starts, rather than trying to sort it all out, we draw a line, and delete most of what follows. Sometimes the wheat gets thrown out with the chaff. But, to be honest, I, at least, didn't notice much wheat in what Ken deleted.

One of the issues you raised has already been addressed by relocating the thread to the appropriate forum.

But a post being deleted isn't a matter of what is "not permitted". The guidelines require decorum, and that is a quality, not a standard. Don't take it personally if, this time, a post of yours gets swept up in a major pruning effort.

Rick "moderators may sometimes be arbitrary but are rarely capricious or whimsical" Denney

According to AI&A's home page

funding for the test has reached 80% of threshold. Just a few more interested parties could push it over the top and get things started.

I just sent $20.

Way to go Ken!

Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd Home-Rustbelt is Home Base

From my testing Canon was very slightly better in the yellow than Epson.

http://fadetesting.tumblr.com/

In any case, dye transfer prints were TERRIBLE with fade resistance. Only thing worse was 1970's vintage Freestyle C (Probably Agfacolor.) Don't quibble over Epson or Canon inkjets. They are superb in archival fade testing. Real fade testing to boot...Bob Pace style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...Epson has just begun delivering its P600 printer...which uses a new, reportedly improved Ultrachrome HD ink set...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmyviewcam View Post
    From my testing Canon was very slightly better in the yellow than Epson...
    No one, including you, has tested the fade resistance of Epson's new Ultrachrome HD ink set. It was just introduced with the new printer. Whether or not yellow stability of the HD version has been improved compared to Epson's previous K3VM iteration can now be tested, thanks to Ken putting AI&I project funding "over the top."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    I just sent $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Way to go Ken!
    Thanks to Ken and others who responded to AI&A's appeal, its test of the new ink set can now begin. A burst of donations brought the total to $145 more than needed for ordering a printer and initial media. Mark McCormick-Goodhart wrote this yesterday morning about how the process will proceed:

"...I will be starting round two of the funding effort (applying the excess funds from round 1) in order to expand the number of media that we will ultimately be able to test. For now, I'm going to start with two media, namely Hanemuhle Photo Rag Pearl, and Epson Exhibition WaterColor Paper. HNphPearl is a luster type non RC paper (one of my favorites I keep in stock) that will use the PK black, while EEW is a relatively recently introduced fine art matt paper with some "mould made" texture that will invoke the MK black. I have never tested it before, so I thought it would be a good pick. Both papers are OBA-free, so we should get a better handle on the ink/ink receptor coating performance without confounding the result with OBA burnout problems. I will pair the two samples made on the P600 side-by-side two samples with same paper batch but printed on an an Epson 3880. Although the initial sample size in test will be small until I can build up more funds for testing additional media, this paired-comparison testing approach should begin to reveal by about mid summer whether the new UltraChrome HD ink set substantially outperforms the older K3 ink set with respect to light fade resistance..."