I'm thinking of trying a method alluded to in an earlier post. I'm trying to c orrect for slight, but annoying light fall off in my B&W and Ciba prints from 4x 5 negs printed on my Omega 4x5 condenser enlarger. (I have previously converted it to a diffused source with opal glass). The B&W prints with light fall-off I can burn in, but try that with CIBA, and very hard to match exposure necessary t o avoid color shift change as you go center to corner of image...

Anyhow, the method involves exposing either photographic paper or perhaps even 8 x10 B&W film directly under the enlarger ever so briefly to the light of the cir cular fall off pattern. (If paper is exposed, then a second recording of this p attern onto sheet film would be needed - but I can't do it this way because I do n't have the necessary 8x10 camera.)

Anyway, then take the developed film, cut a 6.5" centered circle of it to match the condenser diameter, and place it on top side of the opal glass in the conden ser assembly. Will I never have to think of an expensive dichroic or cold light head again? Will it work?

If so, helpful details to consider in pulling it off? Thanks. Andre