Thread: ULF pinhole conundrum

ULF pinhole conundrum

I'll be loosing my great old great pickup next week, I've been told. It is the perfect barrel hauler/tailgate tripod for my ULF wine barrel pinhole
    I hope to replace it in the spring when the Forestry has another surplus equipment auction, but in the meantime I have an ongoing project photographing wineries and vineyards.
    That is the problem!
    From what I can gather, a half barrel (like the kind sold for planters) will fit in the trunk of the sedan I'll be driving. The problem is, how to "camera-ize" half a wine barrel? An insert into the open end? A lid, perhaps? It is 110 deg here and my brain is pretty well cooked beyond the capacity to muse over this sort of stuff so I thought I'd ask you experts. I will likely have to downsize the format as well. I'm thinking 11x14 should be a good fit for half a wine barrel.

Any suggestions?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: ULF pinhole conundrum

Yes, I think 11X14 would be about right. You could do it two ways. A plywood top as the front, with pinhole, or plywood top with pinhole in the side of the barrel to give a curved film plane. You can actually put a pinhole in both locations and use only the one you want at the moment. Sounds fun! Good luck.