Page 61 of 403 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: post alternative techniques

multiplex

Re: post alternative techniques

nice brian!
    fits the scene perfectly

chemical free in camera sun print
    made with a home made 11x14 camera/lens
    Last edited by jnantz; 20-Jun-2011 at 07:18.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Thank you Jim Fitzgerald for teaching me this beautiful process . Here are my latest transfer with my carbon tissue that I made. Carbon Prints are just one of a kind process that give you the most beautiful print that I have ever seen.
    To respect the Carbon print tone, there is no adjustment color correction nor contrast here . Hope you enjoy it.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Tri, I think the upload failed as I can not see your beautiful work. Please post this again. Or maybe it is my computer?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    nice brian!
    fits the scene perfectly

chemical free in camera sun print
    made with a home made 11x14 camera/lens
    Thanks John,

I really like this last one a lot. Just curious how long do the sun prints last? I'm assuming since there is no fix they will fade after time, is this right? Also would love to see the home made cameras!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    Thank you Jim Fitzgerald for teaching me this beautiful process . Here are my latest transfer with my carbon tissue that I made. Carbon Prints are just one of a kind process that give you the most beautiful print that I have ever seen.
    To respect the Carbon print tone, there is no adjustment color correction nor contrast here . Hope you enjoy it.

Tri, I am very impressed. These are wonderful! The image of the boats in the harbor shows the full range of detail that one can get with carbon and I bet the relief is nice also. The second image I know shows great texture and the contrast is just right.
    One of the great things for me as a teacher of carbon transfer is that when a student has the passion for the process and follows my directions they can achieve some very nice results. All I do is show the way and Tri has done the rest. I can't wait to see the originals. Nice to know I have you hooked. Keep up the good work.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bullen View Post
    Ambrosaurus
    Oldest known ambrotype in existence. Roughly 150 million years old and in fantastic condition for its age.

No, that's from the 50's .... there's a ZIPPER down the back of that bigger one.

Stunning. You make me wish I was'nt so busy so I can make some myself. It is a wonderful process but it does take some time. If the sun shines and the bad weather goes off to someone else, then in a few weeks I will be there. Thanks for posting.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    Stunning. You make me wish I was'nt so busy so I can make some myself. It is a wonderful process but it does take some time. If the sun shines and the bad weather goes off to someone else, then in a few weeks I will be there. Thanks for posting.

David
    David, cool weather is a carbon printers friend. If I can help answer any questions just let me know.

jim

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

For a Passion , you have to be multi tasking . Day job and wives kill a lot a great Photographer. For example : Sensitize the tissue then you have come back in the kitchen to marinate the chicken for dinner . I have to plan my days and make it it happens, 24 hrs around the clock. Some days I have to cook dinner for my kids and my left hand rocking the tray to clear the print. No kidding ! 24 hrs/day is not enough for most of us.

David. It's time to pour Carbon tissue when the bad weather and enjoy it when the sun shines

1 or 2 degrees Centigrade with wet wind driven snow, hail and rain, for 9 days, in late spring when we would normally rely on some sunshine to make the grass grow at its best, for all the recently calved dairy cows and for lambing ewes. We put the clocks forward tonight and it is still the middle of winter. No, cool weather is not my friend, I have some hungry mouths to feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    David, cool weather is a carbon printers friend. If I can help answer any questions just let me know.

jim