Page 269 of 403 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 4030

Thread: post alternative techniques

Thumbs up Re: post alternative techniques

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post

Here's the snap shot from a friend helping Dadi Liu setting up his work at Photo LA .
    Have you seen the Platinum this big before ?
    There will be a greet and meet with the artist Liu and Hass the Chamonix camera owner at my place next week . Feel free to contact me if you like to meet them . Thanks Hugo for coordinate this event.
    Wpw tjat wos fometjinf! Oh I became spellbound! Thanks for sharing! I wish I was there ;-)

It will be nice if you can share Mr. Liu's contacts (if you have, pm me). Would love to know the process of printing such a huge size. Thanks!

Re: post alternative techniques

copperplate photogravure 28x35 asphalt aquatinta somerset paper gamblin bone black ink

Quote Originally Posted by hendrik faure View Post

copperplate photogravure 28x35 asphalt aquatinta somerset paper gamblin bone black ink
    Very nice, Hendrik.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by hendrik faure View Post

Hendrik, great image as usual. Your work always motivates me to keep at it but the process is so challenging!

Just trying out different materials for cyanotypes.

kozo rice paper. thin. very fragile when wet, but a nice image. The coated area is made by the drops spreading out on the paper (about 4" across). Too fragile to brush. I ripped it pulling it out of the wash water. If I had a screen or something to support it with, it could be nice. I've used stronger toilet paper. Dried quick, exposed quick. strong image.

img385 by philbrookjason, on Flickr

Lovely blue!

Taped to a piece of glass or plexiglass and then coated with a perfume sort of spray bottle? And not removed from glass until dry? Then re-taped to glass after exposure until dry after processing? What an interesting challenge!

Someone sent me some vegetable parchment. Got very wrinkled when coated -- and stiff enough once dry to prevent good contact of the negative during printing. Has potential, but not for the images I normally do. Perhaps I should save it for when I am feeling particularly abnormal.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Thumbs up Re: post alternative techniques

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post

kozo rice paper. thin. very fragile when wet, but a nice image. The coated area is made by the drops spreading out on the paper (about 4" across). Too fragile to brush. I ripped it pulling it out of the wash water. If I had a screen or something to support it with, it could be nice. I've used stronger toilet paper. Dried quick, exposed quick. strong image.

This is inspiring in addition to being lovely. Eye-catching azure tone!

I've used stronger toilet paper.
    I certainly hope so.

What's your dilution? That's a very beautiful blue. Mine usually comes out darker.

Absolutely love this. I am going to give it a shot with some Gampi paper.

Thanks, I used Bostick & Sullivan chems that are 2-3 years old. Just part a and b mixed equally and applied with a pipette. Probably 1/2 ml on the paper. Good idea about glass/plexi. I get darker tones on arches platine or stonehenge. I had organized a print exchange and some of the people used thinner paper so I thought I'd try and see what my options are for thin paper.