Page 11 of 403 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: post alternative techniques

Re: post alternative techniques

In most cases, when I've been deleted, after a while I realize it may have been for the best on some level. Management will never be perfect, be it Obama, or web forums.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

Quote Originally Posted by mandoman7 View Post
    In most cases, when I've been deleted, after a while I realize it may have been for the best on some level. Management will never be perfect, be it Obama, or web forums.
    In a broader sense I hope that the warriors sacrificed by the Aztecs and Mayas to the rain gods died feeling they were contributing to the greater good of their people. And death was usually fairly swift, by ripping out the heart.

No telling how those warriors who were skinned alive felt about the ordeal. The experience must have taken hours and subjected them to unmitigated pain. I suspect that near the end of their ordeal they could have given a rat's ass about things being better on some other level.

Sandy

Of Don’s suggested 4 combinations I can accept 1 and, 2 not accepting 3 and 3a is perhaps naïve but the Forum is for Large Format Photography and it is as far as I know the only such forum.

If we are to disregard the equipment we use and thereby allow everything from 35mm or even smaller to digital the Forum no longer is a valid Large Format Photography Forum.

I have no problem looking at a print made from a digital camera, I use a digital camera on occasion but I don’t consider this forum to be a place to share the final print no matter what the output medium is.

It is possible that I am alone with my opinion and that is fine.
    I prefer to live by the rules this sites founder has set and find it disturbing that these rules constantly are challenged.

Maybe we need an additional “No limits” On photography sub-forum where all capture formats are accepted.

I enjoy this alternative printing thread and hope it will continue under QT’s and the moderators guidelines.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    In a broader sense I hope that the warriors sacrificed by the Aztecs and Mayas to the rain gods died feeling they were contributing to the greater good of their people. And death was usually fairly swift, by ripping out the heart.

No telling how those warriors who were skinned alive felt about the ordeal. The experience must have taken hours and subjected them to unmitigated pain. I suspect that near the end of their ordeal they could have given a rat's ass about things being better on some other level.

Sandy
    Not getting to show your photo is comparable to getting your heart ripped out?
    This forum's got some things going for it, but its just a bunch of guys with a shared interest. Most careers will go largely unaffected by what happens here, in my humble opinion.
    Its more important that we don't let the inevitable snubs take away energy from image making. I've wasted a lifetime with that stuff, believe me.

Also, I've found that (some) images that have suffered some ignominy later take on a kind of resiliency. Work that has strength will eventually get its day in the sun.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

John,

The point was about wasting time trying to communicate with people more interested in categories and rules than in creative print making outside of the normal boundaries.

I won't waste my time any more on the LF forum talking about alternative printmaking, or showing images.

That is all I meant to convey in my earlier message.

Sandy

John,

The point was about wasting time trying to communicate with people more interested in categories and rules than in creative print making outside of the normal boundaries.

I won't waste my time any more on the LF forum talking about alternative printmaking, or showing images.

Sandy
    Now that is a real shame. We have not gotten along but I have great admiration for your work. All of us will be the poorer for this.

I really think in a case like this it is appropriate to simply move the thread to the lounge where it is not against the LF rules and continue. What seems to have happened is unfortunate and no insult of any kind was intended so just moving the thread is an elegant solution.

John,

Sandy
    Where is this mythical place you're thinking about? Every group of artists is a circus. Come on.

Plus, isn't the real test going to be how the lay crowd responds to that work anyway? Rather than showing to known fans of the genre.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

John,

Sandy
    Sandy,

that is a great loss to me. I also enjoy your prints and images for quite some time, and they are quite significant stones which form the amalgam of my inspiration.

So I'd like to ask if you could tell me (us) where to find presentation of your work so I can learn further.

Thanks a lot

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

found this in a drawer...

18x24 negative - liquid emulsion on heavy paper - hand coloured, using silk colours.

wet plate collodion. 5x7 ambrotype. one is backwards one is not.....

about 1 sec at f16
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery