Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: May/June View Camera

Don Nelson

Re: May/June View Camera

Quote Originally Posted by David Spivak-Focus Magazine View Post
    According to Steve Simmons, Publisher of View Camera Magazine, I am not mentioned at all in the article in the latest issue of View Camera Magazine. Of course I haven't seen an issue, yet. Simmons has promised me a copy - but I have yet to see it. So does the Barnes & Noble in Union Square, New York City, the largest B&N in all of Manhattan and two of my local bookstores near me in Brooklyn.
    David
    You are most definitely in the article on page 57; to quote it ..."I put a message on the Large Format photography forum and I got a reply from David Spivak at Focus publishing." followed by your website.

Kudos to you for publishing this Rabbi's work. Its excellent - the images in my opinon of the (hard) copy magazine are reproduced well, but I am betting your published version is even better.

Best regards
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don7x17 View Post
    David
    You are most definitely in the article on page 57; to quote it ..."I put a message on the Large Format photography forum and I got a reply from David Spivak at Focus publishing." followed by your website.

Kudos to you for publishing this Rabbi's work. Its excellent - the images in my opinon of the (hard) copy magazine are reproduced well, but I am betting your published version is even better.

Best regards
    Don
    Simmons told me verbally that I wasn't in the article and that I was never mentioned. He made very clear to me that I wasn't in any way mentioned in the article. Wow. I'm just stunned by this.

Printing the Rabbi's work was a no brainer -- it's simply amazing work.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Simmons told me verbally that I wasn't in the article and that I was never mentioned. He made very clear to me that I wasn't in any way mentioned in the article. Wow. I'm just stunned by this.

Printing the Rabbi's work was a no brainer -- it's simply amazing work.
    I hope you are stunned in an appreciative way. Either Simmons has a heart (which I believe to be true)... or he is a lousy editor and forgot to cut that sentence out.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    This thread started approximately one week ago with a simple question. Lost in most of the replies is the simple answer. Look back, and you will see that a simple yes or no is all that was necessary.
    Given that challenge, I went back and reviewed the whole thread. You are correct... a simple yes or no was all that was needed.

But... I missed something in the 93 replies: what was your answer?

Simmons told me verbally that I wasn't in the article and that I was never mentioned. He made very clear to me that I wasn't in any way mentioned in the article.
    For the record, Simmons denies the veracity of this.

Those threads "did you receive your issue of View Camera" predictably appear here almost every two months, and do not accomplish much. As not everybody is aware of, Simmons doesn't post here anymore so at this point it isn't fair nor useful to use the forum to air grievances about View Camera. As I have already wrote, email largformat@aol.com.

This thread is now closed. In the future, such threads will be moved to the Lounge.