Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loss of javascript menus in Firefox

Re: Loss of javascript menus in Firefox

And you removed all other instances of Firefox ? You might want to perform a search of your hard disk for any mention of Firefox, just to make sure there are no artifacts somewhere surprising. You could also search the web to see if others have experienced this: Google "Firefox 3.5 OS X" or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    And you removed all other instances of Firefox ? You might want to perform a search of your hard disk for any mention of Firefox, just to make sure there are no artifacts somewhere surprising. You could also search the web to see if others have experienced this: Google "Firefox 3.5 OS X" or something similar.
    Nope, I didn't remove anything. The problem started with no change to the operating environment, and ended with no change to the operating environment. The changes made in between had no effect.

I did not uninstall and reinstall Firefox. I was saving that for later.

Now I'm wondering if those elements use different ports or come from a different source, with the result that some filter on some intermediate server was stripping it off.

Rick "one of those mystery faults" Denney

it may have been a corrupt browser and/or cookie cache. Did you try forcing reloads with CTRL+F5

You're not alone in experiencing some bugs. According to this article, Mozilla plans to release a revised version, with bug fixes, in the very near future.

Open Source software has certain advantages and disadvantages, but as they say... "You can't beat the price" !