Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss of javascript menus in Firefox

Loss of javascript menus in Firefox

Today, Firefox stopped displaying the Javascript menus (such as the search pulldown). I have made no changes to the installation options. Also the forum banner and several other graphical elements are no longer being displayed in Firefox. I was using 3.0.12 and upgrading to 3.5 made no change. None of the formatting commands above this editing window work, either. I've done all the normal rebooting, etc.

All the Javascript stuff works in IE, and all of it has worked here before today.

The other vBulletin forum in which I participate has seen the same effects. Anybody know what's up?

Rick "sick of the browser wars" Denney

Ed Rucker

Re: Loss of javascript menus in Firefox

Hey Rick,
    It sounds like you've already done this but have you made sure javascript is enabled? Go to: Tools, Options, Content and make sure java and javascript and the appropriate advanced options are enabled.
    Ed

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall ?

I suspect it's FF 3.5. I upgraded to FF3.5 with OS-X 10.5.7 and discovered, after several installations, it's a bust, too much didn't work, so I restored FF 3.0.11 (Time Machine). You don't have to uninstall or reinstall FF, it's a simple application, at least on a Mac. As for the user preferences, I found it didn't change those, it simply didn't recognize many of them. And if you upgrade, you'll lose some add-ons, which the installation will tell you which. Good luck.
    --Scott--

Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

"All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

For the record, I run it on both Intel and PowerPC based Macs, (Windows also) with no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall ?
    Uninstall and reinstall what?

Rick "for whom the problem appeared out of the blue, and did not go away after installing a new version of FF" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by iozone View Post
    Hey Rick,
    It sounds like you've already done this but have you made sure javascript is enabled? Go to: Tools, Options, Content and make sure java and javascript and the appropriate advanced options are enabled.
    Yes, I played with these settings (even though there had been no change and they were all still enabled) to no avail.

Rick "keep those cards and letters coming" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Today, Firefox stopped displaying the Javascript menus (such as the search pulldown). I have made no changes to the installation options. Also the forum banner and several other graphical elements are no longer being displayed in Firefox. I was using 3.0.12 and upgrading to 3.5 made no change. None of the formatting commands above this editing window work, either. I've done all the normal rebooting, etc.

All the Javascript stuff works in IE, and all of it has worked here before today.

The other vBulletin forum in which I participate has seen the same effects. Anybody know what's up?
    one datapoint: I'm using FF3.5 on XP and everything is still working for me.

Do you have any add-ons installed like noscript which might be affecting javascript?

-Darren

Uninstall and reinstall what?

I would remove it, and then re-install it. Perhaps you did that already.

Ken "Trying to help Rick 'for whom the problem appeared out of the blue, and did not go away after installing a new version of FF' Denney" Lee

And like that, it's back. Again, nothing done on my part.

Rick "go figure" Denney