Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop scripts

Photoshop scripts

Is there a script for Photoshop that can automate the re-sizing of images?

For instance, I have 150 images that are 1350 x 1632 that I want to re-size them all to 500 x 604. To sit here and do it on my own would be tedious and potentially take hours. So is there something that I can do that would automate this entire process for me?

Re: Photoshop scripts

There is imagemagick for windows:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/bi...es.php#windows

It will do almost anything you can think of in a *nix environment. Is perfect to sic on a dir full of images. A lot of the automatically resized stuff on the web is run through imagemagick.

I do this all the time directly in Photoshop with the "Image Processor" in the File / Scripts menu that came with Photoshop. Select the folder containing the files, select the folder in which to place the resized files, then choose the size in step 3 with "Resize to Fit." I find I have to do the horizontal images separate from the vertical ones, so there might be a trick I'm missing, but other than that, it works for me.

John Clark
    www.johndclark.com

Thanks to both of you - the input from both of you worked - so I'm on my way to re-sizing hundreds of images in no time flat! Whoo hoo!

Btw, its very easy in PS to record your own actions, just klick new action, start record, do your manipulation, after that click stop record and you can use the recorded action in either from a shortkey or in batch mode.
    Regards
    Martin

And in recording an action, in the resize step you can specify the size reduction as a percentage, which will take care of both Portrait and Landscape images.

With your dimensions, it is likely that you will need to do some sharpening to compensate for the loss in resolution.

If you record your own action, you can incorporate sharpening as another step or you can simply pick Bicubic Sharper in the Image Size dialog.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    With your dimensions, it is likely that you will need to do some sharpening to compensate for the loss in resolution.

If you record your own action, you can incorporate sharpening as another step or you can simply pick Bicubic Sharper in the Image Size dialog.
    Tell me, how do the images look? I wish I could get rid of or at least reduce that shadow in the middle.

http://www.focusmag.info/preview/Issue%2018/

Quote "I wish I could get rid of or at least reduce that shadow in the middle".

There should be a place in the code that will allow you to adjust the gradient density or to totally eliminate it (as in a double page spread). I seem to recall that feature when I checked into Pageflip awhile back.

Most flip engines have both a shadow and reflection parameter that is user applied or ammendable. As I recall PF is written in AS2 rather than AS3.

The shadow in the middle seems to be part of your flash package, it should have a config utility or preference file, depends on how the author set it up.

The images look OK, some would benefit from a touch more USM, but nothing critical. IMO, of course.