Thread: fixing/adjusting sinar P

fixing/adjusting sinar P

I was photographing some artwork recently and noticed swing/tilt slightly off. my camera is over 20 years old and i don't think it's been serviced in that time-

I feel relatively confident pulling it apart myself and realigning/tightening things..but of course i don't want to go start doing this blind to how it all works. Is this something I should do myself? or am i better off sending it to someone?

..also living in NZ i have no idea who i would send it to..and i don't think there is many if any at all. so does anyone know anyone in Australia who deals with this?

Ross

Re: fixing/adjusting sinar P

You could approach Mainline in Crows Nest, Sydney.

I've not had LF repairs from them, but their fixit man did a good job on a Voigtlander Prominent (jammed shutter) and Yashicamat (slow shutter) for me at a reasonable price and schedule. I'd try for a firm quote, the repairs weren't too expensive, but Mainline can be for some things. They are a bit snobby about what they will fix, too, but most view cameras would probably make the grade!

http://www.mainlinephoto.com.au/webcontent12.htm

Regards - Ross

I have the service manuals for the Sinars, but looking at them tells me that you need some extra tools to set-up the camera propperly.
    Send me a PM with your email adress and I could send it to you.

Peter

edwinb The technical manager of the UK distributer for Sinar kindly posted a link in this topic that will enable you to get a copy of the service manual for your P.

W K Longcor

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Gray View Post
    edwinb The technical manager of the UK distributer for Sinar kindly posted a link in this topic that will enable you to get a copy of the service manual for your P.
    Clive: This is fantastic! Thanks for the reference. I've had some Sinar Accessories that have needed "adjustment" -- this is most helpful.

WK

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Gray View Post
    Hello. I too have been looking for a Sinar P service manual. I have clicked on your link but cannot gain access to any post. I see that WK managed but I don't know why I cannot. Could you publish the link in some other way please? Thanks.

this is the link it went to:
    http://www.image2output-support.com/sinar/

thanks for your help guys

Brilliant and thanks for such a fast response James.