Thread: fall color colorado

fall color colorado

Just returned from Colorado and the color is really taking off. Kebler Pass shou ld be coming into it's fullest color now.(sept 15-16) Lake City and Wolf Creek P ass are full now. Lower down you have about a week or week and a half for full c olor. Just gorgeous skies and temps are nice. James

fall color colorado

James, you mentioned Lake City. We have some property there, but won't be able to get there from California this fall. What a shame. I am surprised many people even know where Lake City is!

Where, exactly, were the best colors found? I assume on the Alpine Loop, near Capitol City.

fall color colorado

Re: Colorado colors------Due to the moisture this past spring/summer and other factors, the fall colors this year will be one which stands out from those of the recent past. Yesterday, my wife and I took a Sunday drive to Aspen from Vail---the drive from Denver up into the mountains is full of colors as is the Vail/Aspen area. Denver newspaper columnists are saying all of Colorado will be colorfull . I recently drove to SLC & back in August and colors were noticeable along that route even at that time-----it's raining today & possibly up high, a trace of snow.