Thread: is the Fujinon 600mm C f11,5 sharp and good?

is the Fujinon 600mm C f11,5 sharp and good?

i would like to know if the Fujinon 600 mm f11,5 is better than the 600mm Nikkor . i know it is better on weigh, but i don't know how sharp it is. Thanks.

Alec Jeser

I have the C 300 and 450 and they are just as sharp as I could wish. Better than the Nikkor T600 makes no doubt, but takes longer bellows.

Something interesting that I learned recently about Fuji lenses is that Fuji use s only separate elements in their lens design, no glue is used. This results in more vibrant and sharp images. I h ad made some lens testing between Fujinon C and Apo-Ronar sometimes ago and I saw that Fujinons are virtua lly free from any chromatic aberration (as well as other aberrations). This does however not concern the Fuj inon T series.

I have been using this lens for the past 2 years. The lens is excellent provided you follow a few basic premises... You must stabilize the camera, as camera shake is quite often confused with soft lenses. Secondly, you can not use this lens wider than f22, but f32 is preferred and f45 is still equal or better than f22. It is only optimized at these apt. f16 produces terrible results in my experience, so its a very very slow lens. It's quite compact consideing its fl.

This lense is as sharp as any rodenwhosit or scheniedeista, I have it and people cna't tell the difference. And the coverage is fantasitc. If you ever go to a 16x20 format it will cover.