Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: are photographs still photographs...

Re: are photographs still photographs...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrydesk View Post
    I think Pablo has done us a great community service. I can think of no finer argument than his in this thread to prove that drugs are bad...umkay?
    I don't know, after reading some of his posts I was beginning to think drugs were good because I really needed some

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by dellos View Post
    ...for me the digital photography is't real art. Every one can make photo wyth AF in his new Digital Camera, then som automatic layers changing done wyth photoshop or other programm and the let's say "picture" is made...

But if you will give them old Nikon F or F2 and ask to do the same, they will not be able to do anything wythout ther's photoshop. Now it's not the quality of photographer the key to success, it's ther's best and most expensive digital cammeras, best light's, best photoshop effects and it's for me wors't meaning of photography.
    I enjoy looking at great photos no matter how they were made.Its the end result that matters for me the viewer, not how hard or easy it was for the image maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Flea77 View Post
    I don't know, after reading some of his posts I was beginning to think drugs were good because I really needed some

Allan
    Actually I don't think drugs are involved, otherwise the photos might be a little more creative

Well for me is the analog way the right way. I don't like digital's that's why im closed in darkroom for that long. But my client's can wait if they want real deal of work's for them. If they can't wait that's there lost not mine. I'm only advanced amateur in photography. Working for 11 years is not so long time. Some of my friend's using cammera's for 4-5 year's and they are better than me.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Strobel View Post
    I enjoy looking at great photos no matter how they were made.Its the end result that matters for me the viewer, not how hard or easy it was for the image maker.
    exactly ...

just call them inkjets, dont use the wrod photograph, thats just deceptive.

Paul Cocklin

Inkjet photograph, Inkjet photograph, inkjet photograph!

fake dishonest poster, fake dishonest poster, fake dishonest poster

Paul Cocklin

Quote Originally Posted by pablo batt View Post
    fake dishonest poster, fake dishonest poster, fake dishonest poster
    HA! I don't print via inkjet, so there. nyah nyah.

Talking Re: are photographs still photographs...

Quote Originally Posted by pablo batt View Post
    are photographs still photographs...

this is the topic, i thought the idea was to discuss on a forum

all i want is for digital people to call there product a inkjet imaging as this is what it is and to not use the word photography , because it is not.

Haven't read the whole thread but I do agree with this bit of what Pablo says. If photography is drawing with light then an inkjet photo is not really a photo because it was not created using light that shone through a negative onto photographic paper...............however the ink is merely e means in displaying a photograph. Light was used to create it and some sort of technic is used to let people be able to see it. Same is with film if you don't use chemicals you can't see the latent picture in the emulsion.

To me it all starts the same. Light goes through a lens ....some time later...... on paper you see a picture, the photograph. What kind of technique is used is irrelevant.

As to honesty see my post in: Re: If you are printing digitally, then you are cheating...

But the true photgraph in the literal sense of the word is this:

It is a solargraph. Light has written the black lines on photographic paper. No chemicals where needed. Out of the camere you have a pic. More honest than is nearly impossible...but it is still not reality as we know it though or as we see it anyways. (Of course this is not the real photograph. It is a scan from the real photograph :-)
    Last edited by Degroto; 13-Aug-2009 at 14:24. Reason: extra info