Thread: Negative Carriers For Hansa Enlarger?

Negative Carriers For Hansa Enlarger?

I came across a NICE deal on a perfectly functional Hansa enlarger. It looks to be a pretty old model, especially since the plug is only 2 prong with no grounding wire. It came with a 35mm negative carrier, which I've tested with some of my 35mm negs, and it works perfectly. However, I was wondering if anyone knew if this enlarger was capable of doing any bigger formats. I also shoot 6x6 120 with a Yashica A TLR, and am beginning my venture into shooting 4x5. I can't imagine this enlarger would support 4x5, since the negative carrier slot isn't even that big, but does anyone know if this enlarger supports any other negative sizes?

I checked the enlarger for a model # or something, but all it says is "Hansa Enlarger". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(BTW, it was only $15. Even if it just does 35mm, I am STOKED for getting it for that price!)

Ted Mastrandonas

Re: Negative Carriers For Hansa Enlarger?

Quote Originally Posted by BTilson View Post
    I came across a NICE deal on a perfectly functional Hansa enlarger. It looks to be a pretty old model, especially since the plug is only 2 prong with no grounding wire. It came with a 35mm negative carrier, which I've tested with some of my 35mm negs, and it works perfectly. However, I was wondering if anyone knew if this enlarger was capable of doing any bigger formats. I also shoot 6x6 120 with a Yashica A TLR, and am beginning my venture into shooting 4x5. I can't imagine this enlarger would support 4x5, since the negative carrier slot isn't even that big, but does anyone know if this enlarger supports any other negative sizes?

I checked the enlarger for a model # or something, but all it says is "Hansa Enlarger". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(BTW, it was only $15. Even if it just does 35mm, I am STOKED for getting it for that price!)
    Mine came with a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 carrier which I used to use. That was the largest negative the model I had could handle. It to had a two prong plug.

Hmm... So I should at least be able to do my MF negs then... That's cool. Thanks a ton!

BTW, you don't happen to still have that carrier around somewhere do you?

Between here and there

If I understand this correctly, the Hansa enlargers are the same as the Lucky enlargers. If you can, show us some photos of it and somebody may be able to identify it more accurately.

Ted Mastrandonas

Quote Originally Posted by BTilson View Post
    Hmm... So I should at least be able to do my MF negs then... That's cool. Thanks a ton!

BTW, you don't happen to still have that carrier around somewhere do you?
    No, sorry.

Here are some shots of the enlarger. Sorry for the relatively low quality. My digital camera isn't the greatest in the world.

1)

2)

3)

That looks like it is a condenser enlarger so you would have the 35mm condenser. If you are going to do larger formats then 35mm you will also need the proper condensers for the larger format. You can always use two pieces of glass as a negative carrier. Or two pieces of double weight matte board or one of each.

I have a Hansa that looks like the one in the pics. If you remove the lamp head the condenser lens is a square about 3x3 inches. It covers both 2 1/4 & 35mm no problem. Mine came with a 2 1/4 carrier but no 35mm so I fashioned one out of black mat board.

That enlarger was sold in the USA as a Bogen.