I just bought a used Horseman VH (6 x 9) technical camera. The focusing screen is pretty dark, especially at the corners, and worse when using wide angle lense s. It doesn't have a fresnel in it, but I can order one from the manufacturer. Should this help? I read the threads concerning the various brightening screen s and found the reviews inconclusive. It sounds like the Boss is the best, so m aybe it's worth $150 to try it. Nobody seems to like the Beattie Intensescreen for large format, although I had one on a Nikon F3 years back and had really lik ed it on that camera. I'm leaning towarding trying the Horseman fresnel first ( it only costs about $30) and then if I don't like it, I'll spend more bucks on a Boss or Beattie. Also, I'm going to get a black cloth from Darkroom Innovation s (instead of my jacket); hoping that will help. Any other ideas? BTW, I also have a monocular focusing viewer (which looks to me to have a bui lt in fresnel lens) and that was also pretty dark in the corners when using a wi de angle lens. Are these types of complaints about the viewing screen normal fo r someone who's new to view camera photography?