I had my first opportunity to take the Gran View out to shoot since I fixed the early issues.
I ran in to a few problems, all related to my inexperience with large format. I exposed 12 sheets of film and lost 3 to obvious mistakes and 2 to what might have been film holder problems...or just less obvious mistakes.

Overall, the camera was easy to use. I even found the little loupe built in to the back to be pretty useful. I was able to use it to (roughly) confirm focus on the ground glass. Very handy really.

I was even able to use the limited rise available in the vertical orientation for both of the vertical shots shown here. It was enough to get these shots without correcting for perspective in post processing.

The location for these shots is along the Mogollon Rim about 30 miles East of Payson Arizona.

Film is TXP 320 developed in Barry Thornton's 2-bath formula.

I'm happy enough with the results, but continue to be unsure if large format is really right for me. The amount of time and effort that went in to these shots was many times what would have been necessary for medium format, which would probably satisfy my needs.