Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vista 64 bit and CS4 and color management

Re: Vista 64 bit and CS4 and color management

That's good to know. Do you know if Spyder manages the profiles ?

In other words, can you see/manage monitor profiles outside of Spyder ?

On my system which uses Vista and a Spyder 2 it keeps the profiles in the windows system folder along with all the other color profiles.

Every time I boot up my system it starts off being uncalibrated then the Spyder Software loads the calibration and reminds me if it has been more than 2 weeks since I last calibrated

I think the Spyder3 works pretty much the same way. AFAIK they're still standard ICC profiles.

There are limitations on graphics cards -- not all of them allow the Spyder to upload two separate profiles to the card. Mine did not, in fact, allow me to calibrate both monitors independently when I got it. I called DataColor's customer service, and they told me that the graphics card has to support independent lookup tables for that to work, so I checked for a driver update from nVidia, and after installing that, I could calibrate both independently.

The Spyder software uploads the ICC profiles though, just like before, so what Wallace said should still hold.

For working with large files, 1 - 2 gig.... what is price tag of the hottest quad PC loaded with max Ram ?? a range is fine, TYIA