Let’s talk about color.
June 13, 2009 Visual Arts Center Newport Oregon $75

Color photography. It is the most common medium in our visual language. Our eyes and our minds react to color. Color is used in almost everything we see in our visual world. One noted color photographer shared, “Through many hours of patient work, the photograph becomes more refined, as I labor to bring the luminous quality of the image to life. These are not mechanical reproductions, but images in which I have invested my heart and soul. I love it!” I hope to instill in you a love for color photography!

This will be a one-day workshop beginning at 9am and ending around 4:30pm with one hour for lunch. I will send you home assignments before we meet to be completed before June 13th. During the day we will begin by looking at and discussing the work of past and current photographers who apply their vision in color. We will even look at Black and White photography that has been hand colored. Iąll also bring samples of hand colored images that are of Oregon Crater Lake. Then, we will share and discuss your work. The goal of the discussions will be for each of us to hone our skills.

All formats of cameras are welcome! We will go out and apply what we have learned and shared together. I will bring my camera with Fuji FP-100c film (A type of Polaroid) and do some demonstrations of how I operate. But, I want you to go out and photograph and then we'll share the results via emails afterwards.
We will be working at the Visual Arts Center, Newport Oregon. 777 NW Beach Dr. Newport, OR 97365
(541) 265-6540.

A little about me:
I have been working with color photography for over 30 years. I first got into color by working at two commercial labs. One in the S.F. Bay Area and the other was in Portland, Oregon. I studied photography at Foothill College in California and have taken workshops from such notables as: John Sexton, Ruth Bernhard, and many more West Coast photographers As President of Portland Photographers Forum for 12 years, I organized and observed workshops given by: John Wimberley, Martha Casanave, Steve Anchell and again many fine local and West Coast photographers.
I love color photography. Its taken me sometime to understand why but I do love it. I have done years and years of black and white photography and I also love it was well. But, Color has a special place in my soul. I can see color and contrasts better then I can see tones and shades for black and white.
To enroll: Contact Robert via email at robert8x10@hotmail.com or by calling him at 503-614-0161