Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the LF page be part of photo.net? Comments

Should the LF page be part of photo.net? Comments

I thought people should tell us why they think the LF page should or should not be a part of Photo.net. Surveys are good but a discussion is important. I thin k it could be a good idea because we can get a search engine. However it is bad because we would be part of that 35mm group which has a very different view. Another question I have is how would it be a part of photo.net?

NOT! Photographers who photograph with the kind of stuff that we put up with (and sometimes even bragg about) should definitely be segregated from people in the real world. Their laughter would be just too traumatic.

The "MF Q&A" forum on photo.net doesn't seem to suffer much from being in such close proximity to the "General(ly 35mm) Photography" Q&A, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

I would worry more about the potential commercialization of photo.net, the possibility of banner ads in the future, and such.

keep this site right here it has more of a serious involvement then photonet large format is a relgion or a way of life

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry if this hurts some feelings or steps on someone's toes........but if you are to lazy to search for information and feel you need it handed to you at someone else's expense in time and effort then you aren't going to make it in large format anyway so stick with your minature cameras. Large format is a hard task master, it demands that you are faithful to it and work for your rewards. This site mirrors that need for dedication. If you really need archives, write things down, book mark, show a little sel reliance. Just don't ruin a good thing for the rest of us.

This forum, up until the last couple of weeks has been free of the whiners and flamers that abound else where. The quality and content is second to none in the forums that are available. I'll trade a site free of banners and ads any day for a little extra effort in locating information.

Yes, elitism is stupid. THe more people that know about LF the better.

NO!, NO!, NO! Please leave the LF Home page as it is. This has been my learning place. A way to talk to others and learn by what they are doing. Let's not be exclusive, but we do practice an art that has little to do with 35mm photography, thats why many of us got involved in it. Please stay as you are!!!

Editor: the poll is just was meant as a quick and cheap way to test the waters. It requires only 5 seconds of anybody's time to answer, and if enough people do so, can give an idea of where to go. Again the URL of the poll is http://tools.arsdigita.com/voxpopuli/ViewPoll?poll_id=1966.

In the future I will conduct a more detailed survey, and at that point we will discuss in depth what is desirable for the LF community, what are the possible options, and which changes should be done or avoided.

The sure thing is that the integrity of the LF contents will be preserved in any future option.

In the while, thanks to everybody for contributing to the forum.

A search function would be welcome and I lurk in Photo Net almost as much as I do here, but I would hate to see this site intigrated just for that. Large Format has a unique character to it (because of subject, people, or moderators?) that I would hate to lose. I don't have anything against "that 35mm group" but why not keep what we have? Photo Net could add LF to it's MF and Nature forums.

There is a search function! At least, it shows up on my browser.