Thread: CD-3 Where can it be obtained nowadays?

CD-3 Where can it be obtained nowadays?

Could someone please tell me of a readily available supply of CD3 here in the USA for the E-6 color reversal process? I suppose I can get most of my chemicals but the place I bought my CD3 and citrizinic acid went belly up (and the last time I bought it was hard to find someone who would deal in small quantities) and I don't need a ton of it.

I'm unclear where to post this ("WTB" maybe??). If you have your own kilogram(s) perhaps you'd like to sell some of your lot to me. Alternatively, perhaps a few of you would like to chip in to buy us a container and we could split it?
    PS: Why does a search for CD-3 (CD3) come up with only two hits in the forum!?

PPS Someone had suggested Photographer's Formulary (thanks; interesting site) but I didn't see it listed in the "Store" nor when I searched for it by name or acronym.

Re: CD-3 Where can it be obtained nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by emo supremo View Post

PPS Someone had suggested Photographer's Formulary (thanks; interesting site) but I didn't see it listed in the "Store" nor when I searched for it by name or acronym.
    Photographers Formulary is just about the only full supplier of photographic chemicals around. If I were you, I wouldn't go by just what they list on their website. I would send them an email, or better still, call them on the telephone and ask. I'll bet they either have it, or can refer you to where you can get it.

Both email and phone numbers are on their website.

Artcraft lists it:

https://www.artcraftchemicals.com/products_1.php

You might also ask over in the APUG Color Film / Paper / Chemistry section - there seem to be a number of folks there who mix their own.

Thank you Oren, I'm on it.