Thread: Plus-x availablitly

Plus-x availablitly

I've seen threads here about how there's no more plus-x, but I just bought some 120 plus-x. Is it that there's no more sheet plus-x?

It's hard to keep up with which film is still available in what format. Is there a page on this site that lists it all out? If not, there should be one....

Re: Plus-x availablitly

Can't speak for roll, but there for sure is NO MORE sheet film Plus-X gone, gone.

Yes, it's the sheet film that's gone; Plus-X roll film is still available.

With the move to a new coating facility a few years ago, the Kodak B&W film line was cut back to a core which has been stable for a while now. Off the top of my head, it's just PX, TX, TMX, TMY and TMZ in 35mm; PXP, TX, TXP, TMX and TMY in 120; and TXP, TMX and TMY in sheet film sizes. I'm not sure about the current status of long-roll film in 35mm and 70mm.

EDIT - I haven't kept track of what's what with Kodak's chromogenic B&W emulsions - I'm sure at least one of them is still available in 35 and possibly 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Yes, it's the sheet film that's gone; Plus-X roll film is still available.

With the move to a new coating facility a few years ago, the Kodak B&W film line was cut back to a core which has been stable for a while now. Off the top of my head, it's just PX, TX, TMX, TMY and TMZ in 35mm; PXP, TX, TXP, TMX and TMY in 120; and TXP, TMX and TMY in sheet film sizes. I'm not sure about the current status of long-roll film in 35mm and 70mm.

EDIT - I haven't kept track of what's what with Kodak's chromogenic B&W emulsions - I'm sure at least one of them is still available in 35 and possibly 120.

Can't you still get the 9.5 inch arial rolls and cut it yourself? i have a roll of Pan-X in the freeze....

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    Can't you still get the 9.5 inch arial rolls and cut it yourself? i have a roll of Pan-X in the freeze....
    That is thin-base film like the 35mm and 120, not the thick base that normal sheet film is coated on.

In addition to not being coated on the same base, it's also not the same emulsion. The spectral sensitivity of the aerial film is quite different, reflecting its intended special-purpose use.

How about FP-4? I hear that's a good film. I plan to give it a try later this year.

Long Live Ilford!