Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Importing from the US from Badger Graphic

Re: Importing from the US from Badger Graphic

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    You already benefited by paying no gst or taxes on the first AUD1000, a silly limit that places local australian business at a huge disadvantage in the global marketplace.
    So what? It's about time Australian businesses became more competitive. They don't mind sloppy service and limited stock range while they're making profits, but the moment they feel the squeeze they start to scream about people buying online. If the current GST arrangement encourages better competition, I'm all for it. I just wish I could afford my new 5x7 at the moment while the AU$ is so strong!

Baz.

I bought a Shen Hao 4x5 and later a Tachihara 8x10 with 300mm lens and 10 film holders from Jeff and never had a problem. I did have to wait 4-5 months for the 8x10 to come through, but Jeff kept me appraised of when it was due and made every effort to help me. I have not been disappointed with his service and would recommend buying from him to enyone. My order for the Tachihara lens film holders and film came to over $4000 AUD and I had to pay about $450 in duties, but I didn't have a problem with that. considering what I got, it wasn't really too much in taxes, and the tax free amount is much better than it was years ago. Ayone who thinks that they can get out of paying taxes in OZ is either dead or living in dreamland.
    Mike

Jeff is great answers emails delivers on time no problems , funny story my local supplier knew i dealt with Badgers so tried to change me back to local (i was prepared to pay a little more)And to his credit contacted Fuji (aus)to formulate a plan , The result
    They came back to me with a proposal that equated to something like this 1.You will commit to so many sheets per month2.you will pay double + badgers prices and you will expect to wait a month minimum for delivery Ordered from jeff the same night 8days later arrived , And i have never attempted to deal local on Lf since !! Cheers Gary
    BTW my local supplier is great for everything else!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    I dont see where you were misled. Nobody forced you to buy. You already benefited by paying no gst or taxes on the first AUD1000, a silly limit that places local australian business at a huge disadvantage in the global marketplace. Not to mention the strength of a currency built on mines and other dirty stuff that happens in the middle of nowhere and which touches your life in no meaningful way except financially.
    The problem is deeper than that , Many USA & Asian countries will understate value on essoteric items , such as LF cameras , Hey we know , But a Ebony camera top of the range is $5,000 as far as we are concerned , to a customs worker it's just an old fasioned camera and i can't believe they paid $900 for!!! I can buy a good digital for that . Cheers Gary