Thread: Feedback on Photo & Technique - 2nd Attempt

Feedback on Photo & Technique - 2nd Attempt

Ok, as I mentioned before, the weather has not been very nice lately, so I decided to practice here at home.

Here's my 2nd attempt at LF photography:

http://macuca.net/gallery/displayima...?album=6&pos=1

Any comments and recommendations to improve are welcome. It's ok if you feel the photo is bad, just tell me why and how I could improve. I understand I'm far from proficient in this (LF) medium.

Thank you!
    Marcé

Re: Feedback on Photo & Technique - 2nd Attempt

Looks like you nailed the exposure on this one. You might have been able to keep the
    lower left corner in focus with a little bit of swing on the front, if that's what you wanted.

Looks fine, keep shooting

Very good second attempt. Enjoy.

I particularly liked the bucket though. That is a great idea.

Thanks Joe, ic-racer and jeroldharter for your comments.

When I shot this I wanted to keep the text sharp while throwing the rest out of focus. Due to the angle I was shooting this from I didn't have to apply any front-standard movements. I then further blurred it in post.

I like the "bucket" too. I went to a local camera store and picked up a LF case... what a heavy brick!!! My solution may not be elegant, but it is certainly lighter and much less costly... and I find that with the help of an "assistant" (one of my sons) we can carry it some distance from our truck. Not miles, ok, but some limited-distance trail shooting is not to be ruled out entirely. For those of you that don't have a field camera (only a monorail), you don't have a case, and your camera is at home gathering dust... get yourself a "bucket" too. It's less than $20 for the whole solution.

Marcé

I used an even easier "bucket" solution for my F2 - a midsize Rubbermaid Action Packer with a towel on the bottom for padding, which lets me put the camera on its side on the bottom of the tub. It fits pretty tight in all directions, and the lid clamps on.

Unfortunately, the theft issue caused me to abandon this for a big Pelican case with padlocks, chained into the back of my vehicle, with all my camera gear in it. This at least stops the smash and grab guys that cleaned me out last summer. Interestingly, they did not get the camera or even open the box because they assumed there would be nothing of value in the Rubbermaid tub.:-)

>>they did not get the camera or even open the box because they assumed there would be nothing of value in the Rubbermaid tub<<

A stealth feature!! My $20 bucket solution has just increased in value!

I try to always cover equipment when I leave stuff in my truck. The best anti-smash/grab protection is to take the equipment with me.

Marcé