Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: April 2009 Portraits

Re: April 2009 Portraits

I don't think Mennonites are polygamous. You are thinking of Mormons, who used to be polygamous. I doubt either religious group throws people off bridges very often.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

The Mennonites, like the Amish, are best known for their abstinance from modern technology. Thank heavens we don't have anyone like that on this forum!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

dude these are sweet images. do you know rare that scene is? any jackass can take a picture of a train.. not everyone can get an image of real people and make it look "real" in terms of period.. pretty sweet images man.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M Hostetter View Post
    I was waiting for a train and along come Mennonites..

Sinar P 480mm 8.4 Symmar right swing, 8x10" Tmax400 scan negs

added: in the last picture your seeing ( in case image is to small) is a female Mennonite taking a digital photograph of a woman holding a small child and the father smiling from ear to ear... I asked them kindly If I could photograph and they asked me if I wanted them to pose.. I said,"please just continue about you business ... They soon forgot I was there. The father did pose with his child for one shot but I was so nervous the shutter wasn't coked and no film was exposed

oh, by the way, they asked me if I was video taping and I told them,"no just an old camera. Victorian technoligy, they sorta smiled like this
    Ektachrome 64 x wishes and Tech Pan Dreams

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgelb View Post
    dude these are sweet images. do you know rare that scene is? any jackass can take a picture of a train.. not everyone can get an image of real people and make it look "real" in terms of period.. pretty sweet images man.
    Thank you sgel,, I realized right off this was a special encounter and I did savor the moment.. I did have my mind on a train but was able to switch gears ,, some Amish don't like their photos taken. They tend to believe that it steals part of ones soul.
    When I seen the camera hanging from the ladies neck my first question was," are you Mennonite"?
    He said yes and I told him my name is connected to Mennonite's and he told me his name was Grober..

That first frame is really nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M Hostetter View Post
    I was waiting for a train and along come Mennonites........

oh, by the way, they asked me if I was video taping and I told them,"no just an old camera. Victorian technoligy, they sorta smiled like this