Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photostock 2009 - with Shelby Lee Adams, Sandy King, Kerik Kouklis and More!

Photostock 2009 - with Shelby Lee Adams, Sandy King, Kerik Kouklis and More!

I'd like to formally announce this year's gathering up near my place in Northern Michigan. This is the 4th year and we are honored to have Shelby Lee Adams, Kerik Kouklis, Sandy King, Joe Smigiel, David Eisenlord and much more. It is a great time to meet, hang out, share prints, stories and even learn a few things. Workshops are as follows and fees include your general registration fee. Even without taking a workshop, there will be plenty to do. Presentations, demonstrations, discussions and shooting in some of the most beautiful places in Northern Michigan.

Also, as an added thank you for early registration you will receive a small, signed silver gelatin print of mine if you register by April 15th.

Hoping you can Join us!

Photostock 2009
    June 19-28
    Emmet County, Michigan

www.photostock2009.com

Friday - Sunday, June 19-21
    Beginning Wet Plate Collodion
    with Bill Schwab and Joe Smigiel

Monday - Wednesday, June 22-24
    Gum Over Platinum
    and
    Digital Negative Creation
    with Kerik Kouklis and David Eisenlord

Thursday - Friday, June 25-26
    Carbon Transfer Process
    with Sandy King

And finally:

Saturday, June 27th
    Shelby Lee Adams slide presentation, booksigning and portfolio review. (included in general registration)

More information at the Photostock 2009 website.

Thanks! I hope to see you there!

Bill Schwab

Re: Photostock 2009 - with Shelby Lee Adams, Sandy King, Kerik Kouklis and More!

A quick note to say that the workshops are filling up fast. If at all interested, it is a good time to register.

Thanks!

Bill

Photostock 2009 Workshops Now Full

Hello Again Everyone,

I'm happy to report that all workshops for this year's Photostock are now full. We will still be taking reservations for alternates however. Alternate spaces will be on a first come basis in the order they were signed-up. If you are intersted in becoming an alternate, please sign-up HERE. Be sure to choose the workshop you wish to be considered for.

There is still plenty of room at the main event for everyone! Many so far are familiar faces from years past, but I'm happy to welcome many new folks as well. Some from as far away as Norway!

Basic Registration for the Photostock event is still open.

Thanks again to everyone!

Bill Schwab
    www.photostock2009.com

Going to Tijuana soon...

Re: Photostock 2009 - with Shelby Lee Adams, Sandy King, Kerik Kouklis and More!

Any openings for Wet plate WS?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc View Post
    Any openings for Wet plate WS?
    Sorry JDC. The wet plate shop is at the limit, but you can still sign up as an alternate here. The rest of the event is open and there will be a few demonstrations of the process during the week.

I appreciate the interest.

Best, Bill

Zebra

Bill,

if we are not sure of our plans and our life dictates last second choices can we crash the party? What is the procedure if we want to show up on the fly. Contact you directly, show up, ride into town on a three legged goat? My life doesn't lend to planning but it would be great to make it if I could.

thanks,

Monty

The party is totally crashable Monty. It would be great to have you there. You and anyone else are welcome at any time. Let me know if you can so I, or someone else can get you from the airport if needed. If not, just head to the Birchwood Inn, or my house.

Hope to see you!

Bill

Monty, there will be some good hooch waiting for you if you can make it!!

Kerik
    Kerik Kouklis
    www.kerik.com
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion

If Monty shows up I am leaving.

Zebra

Wow! Life is funny. Here I am thinking about going to a wonderful photo excursion, if I can possibly make it, trying to figure out how to fit time, family obligations, and quite frankly money in these difficult times into the equation, and lo and behold the gods have provided an answer. PM after PM is flooding my account offering me financial renumeration if I will only make it up to Photostock and keep Carnie from attending. A little cottage industry if you will. It's amazing how if enough people offer even a little how much that can add up to. I'm flush.

Soooooooo.....if you have an event that you want Carnie to NOT attend please contact me privately and we will see if I can make it and thus ensure your happy event.

Monty