Thread: Roll film backs for Ebony S45/SW45

Roll film backs for Ebony S45/SW45

Hi, I'm going to buy a Ebony S45/SW45? Not deceided yet. Any advise? Do the Horseman 6x12 roll film back fit on these camera? Thanks.

NG Sai Kit

Ng,

I've just been through the process of trying to decide on which Ebony to buy. After many, many, many, hours comparing the different models and listening to the opinions of others, I eventually decided on the 45S. For my style of photography this fits nicely. It is good value, with a few extra movements the 45 SW doesn't have (my earlier 1st choice). It also allows the use of lenses from around 50mm through to 400mm (tele) on the flat board and this was a major factor in my decision.

I won't be using lenses shorter than 47mm , probably 55mm will be the widest and having the slightly longer bellows draw allows me to use the 210, 240, 300mm range as well. It is slightly heavier than the 45SW but only by 0.6kg which doesn't worry me.

As I say, for MY shooting style the 45S was the best choice, but I don't think you'll be happy with whichever model you chose, they are both very nice cameras.

I think the Horseman 6x12 back fits and I know the Sinar zoom back does.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards

Peter Brown.

Hi NG, Whichever one you choose you will not be disappointed. The S has the advantage of more back movements(if you feel you would require them) but both are ideal landscape/architecture cameras. I use the SW and I am still thrilled after 2 years of use. The Horseman backs do fit, and it is just a case of removing the GG and using the sliding tabs to lock the back in place. Good luck.

Opps, meant to say I think you'll be happy with whichever one you chose.

Peter

Baxter

I decided to go for the economy version and to get an extrea lens! THe RSW45 from Robert White. It has no shift or swing movements, but is extremely rigid and very high quality. More info on Robert White website. I'm currently borrowing a friends Horseman 6x12 back and it's great

The 6x7cm/120 Linhof Rapid Rollex fits all 45 cameras, regardless of back type and the 23 version fits all 69 cameras.

Linhof Super Rollex, Techno Rollex and Wista roll backs fit any 45 camera with an International back.