Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Cezanne Colorgenius software

Re: Cezanne Colorgenius software

Hi Tim, I have it for Mac OS. If you can use that version please let me know if I can email it to you as a compressed file. Regards Jude

Hi All . . .
    I have been watching a few of the threads lately and would like to try and help with some issues relating to the FT-S5000 & FT-S5500 . . Relating to MacOS versions, SCSI cards and Driver versions. . . . (Minefield . . . !!!)
    I used to teach engineers how to service these machines . . .and when SCREEN decided to stop manufacturing . .and hence stop training engineers . . I bought an FT-S5500 for myself.
    I have all the optional trays and holders that were available . . . :-) (I might be willing to sell everything if the right offer was forwarded . . . ;-)

I would like to post a couple of documents that highlight the main issues relating to the selection of SCSI cards wrt to MacOS and ColorGenius S/W versions.
    (No doubt many of you will have been caught out with this issue . . . !!)
    How do I attach/upload/link files for you to download?

Let me know by reply . . .
    BR, TC542

Perhaps load the file to dropbox, and then post a link in the thread?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Hi All . . .
    Cheers Peter . . .Have created a link to a folder with a couple of PDF's that may be useful . . .
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m8g8g3r2u...OXJNm4X8a?dl=0

Please be careful about upgrading drivers for the Cezanne and SCSI cards . . If not done in the correct order you may need an older MacOS9 unit to upgrade the Cezanne Driver!!

(I added a reference to the 'RATOC FR1SX' adapter . . It may not be available any more, but may be of use to someone . . . ;-)

Hope this is off use to someone . . .

PS Did see that someone wanted 'Dusta la Vista' S/W some time ago . . .No good without a 'dongle' . . . !!

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

TC542: thank you very much!

That's terrific, TC542. Thanks!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Thanks for putting together this info! If I am reading this correctly, there's only two SCSI cards that work with the Cezanne on G4 or G5 computers? I did not realize it was so limited! I am still looking for another 29160N, I have a 29160 64-bit card that does not work.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by TC542 View Post
    Hi All . . .
    I have been watching a few of the threads lately and would like to try and help with some issues relating to the FT-S5000 & FT-S5500 . . Relating to MacOS versions, SCSI cards and Driver versions. . . . (Minefield . . . !!!)
    I used to teach engineers how to service these machines . . .and when SCREEN decided to stop manufacturing . .and hence stop training engineers . . I bought an FT-S5500 for myself.
    I have all the optional trays and holders that were available . . . :-) (I might be willing to sell everything if the right offer was forwarded . . . ;-)

I would like to post a couple of documents that highlight the main issues relating to the selection of SCSI cards wrt to MacOS and ColorGenius S/W versions.
    (No doubt many of you will have been caught out with this issue . . . !!)
    How do I attach/upload/link files for you to download?

Let me know by reply . . .
    BR, TC542
    Hi. I need some help with my screen cezanne fts 5000.

I have the Screen Cezanne fts 5000 and an apple G4 with 9.2 os plus adptec 2906 scsi card. I try to use the scanner but receive an error message in the maintainer:'' LoadDriver:Error occurred. No. -2821 unknown error'' .... Any ideas. The scanner stays on stand by mode after swith on and looks ready to scan since the two green led lights stay on.

The pdf TC542 posted, describing which SCSI cards work with the Cezanne, seems to have disappeared from DropBox. I will have to look in my files to see if I saved it - but if not, did anyone save it and have it readily available? Peter?

If so, I would be happy if someone could forward it to me, and then I will put it up on my website so as to keep it hosted somewhere.

nmauro32, I am not sure what your issue might be. I can not remember the two "recommended" and possibly required SCSI cards described in the pdf file mentioned above.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome