Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epson 10-channel printers

Epson 10-channel printers

It seems that Epson's 10-channel print-head techology is confined, at present, to the 7900 and 9900 (24" and 44" wide, respectively). Unfortunately, wife feels she could not co-exist with one of those.

Are there any news as to when Epson will introduce 17" versions (preferably 3900 rather an 4900)? A 13" version would be quite nice too.

Re: Epson 10-channel printers

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    It seems that Epson's 10-channel print-head techology is confined, at present, to the 7900 and 9900 (24" and 44" wide, respectively). Unfortunately, wife feels she could not co-exist with one of those.
    You'll be sad for awhile after she's gone, but that will pass.

You would be surprised what people can live with. Start her out with the 7900, if she survives that move up to the 9900. Best of luck.

the 7900 is not so massive. particularly when i look at it after using the 9900

Quote Originally Posted by z_photo View Post
    the 7900 is not so massive. particularly when i look at it after using the 9900
    I did argue, unsuccessfully, that the included printer stands make a bold statement (and even offered to let her paint it).

It was a close argument, but the coup-de-grace came when she asked for a 4x6 sample print. Um, can't print that small. Oops.

How do you like the color gamut on 7900/9900 versus the older machines? How about B&W?

ps: Just because the 9900 has to be brought in through the window and requires its own bedroom doesn't make the 7900 teeny

the color looks better on the newer printers. if you looked at output from one today and the other tomorrow you would be harder pressed to say there is a lot of difference. but side by side comparisons are fairly striking. B&W is arguable and doesn't suck. but i am about to convert a 7600 to 7 black ink printing.

z_photo, once I do get a new color printer this year or next, I'll want to convert my perfectly-functioning Epson 4000 to do 7-black ink printing. I would love to hear about your experience with that. I was under the impression that it would be difficult to do because of the chips on the ink cartridges. For starters, what products are you looking at?

It was a close argument, but the coup-de-grace came when she asked for a 4x6 sample print. Um, can't print that small. Oops.
    Hey! I can do a 4x6 sample print on my 9800. Of course, it would print on roughly a 12"x44" piece of canvas - is that a problem?

Cheers!
    Bill

z_photo, once I do get a new color printer this year or next, I'll want to convert my perfectly-functioning Epson 4000 to do 7-black ink printing. I would love to hear about your experience with that. I was under the impression that it would be difficult to do because of the chips on the ink cartridges. For starters, what products are you looking at?

http://www.piezography.com/

Thanks z_photo. I remember looking at that website a while back. Is that the only option out there?