Thread: Color Rendition's in PSE-5 and LTRM 2.3

Color Rendition's in PSE-5 and LTRM 2.3

Attached are two fotos both of the same subject but each with different results, the part I do not understand is why ! When both are done on the same machine,same computer just different places ! one foto was printed thru the Windows Gallery use-ing the printer feature there, the other was printed thru Lightroom2.3 print section this also happens in PSE-5, I am at a loss as to why this should happen when both should the same: I am open to thoughts on this matter:trust me I have made sure the right paper profiles were used the correct setting were used, triple checked and yet there is this difference in print colors ??

I have dumped PSE-5 and Lightroom 2.3 twice to get this to work any thoughts , The only thing I have not done Is reload the O/S Vista Premium ?
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

Re: Color Rendition's in PSE-5 and LTRM 2.3

One of them your computer is managing the color and on the other your printer is.

My guess is that on your lightroom and PSE prints you are letting the computer manage the colors but then your printer driver is also managing the colors resulting in a double management of colors.

I have never used the Windows Gallery but it could also be a color space issue, where windows is printing in sRGB, and Lightroom and PSE in Adobe RGB or Pro RGB.

Thanks Wallace B all it took to correct the dam thing was to check ICC box and check the No Color Adjustment, Thanks Lauren
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

all of these applications use different print color engines. Even Photoshop and Lightroom are not the same.
    It's a mess.
    Tyler
    http://www.custom-digital.com/

Glad it worked for you.

I hate inkjet printing. I love inkjet printing.

I print from one computer using one application to one printer using the printer maker's paper and ink. I have managed to get results that I like. I didn't say good or great, but I find the results acceptable. I'm not changing a thing!
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

venchka

I have to admit some of those colors were really bright and alive : [lol]
    Lauren MacIntosh