Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plunged into 8x10 and struck a rock on ebay HELP

Re: Plunged into 8x10 and struck a rock on ebay HELP

As a buyer I'd contact the seller and ask (demand) a full refund, including round trip shipping. If you get any "jazz" then lodge a complaint through e-bay. If you paid through paypal they can probably freeze the payment pending an investigation. As a last resort issue very negative feedback. You can always agree to have it removed later if you come to amicable terms.

This is how I as a seller would handle it. If I didn't describe it well then I would take it back. When I sell on ebay I always have a full refund, 7 day return policy, not counting shipping. Even if all it is is bad karma. If I screwed up I pay the round trip. I think this is the way to do business, treat people like I want to be treated.

Ebay basically runs on buyers. Yeah, the sellers are sometimes less informed about what they are selling than they should be, make grandiose claims unsubstantiated, but even then, if you are cordial, direct, explain why they are wrong (nicely), and most important give a specific course of action that will make the problem disappear most will go along with it. Ebay knows that without buyers nothing sells, and so they don't get the percentage on the closing price, nor the paypal fees through their subsidiary. They (I think) will usually side with the buyer. And yeah, the buyers put the stuff up and ebay couldn't live without them either, but they don't want a bad rap any more than the seller. Bad feedback sticks on a buyer for like a year, and I don't think they are allowed to "ding" a buyer anymore. I give a buyer good feedback as soon as his half of the transaction (he paid) is complete, not hold good feedback hostage until I got mine. Most sellers hold off on giving feedback until they get theirs, which I think is short sighted, cheap, mean spirted and or just lazy.

The bottom line: if you think you are right, and it seems that way, write the guy a nice polite letter and get your money back. If he won't cooperate use every tool at your disposal. Remember, nothing in anger, and never, ever write anything libelous. That means if you ever do write negative feedback just state the facts "it wasn't as described and he wouldn't take it back", not "he is a dishonest sack of sh.t" I would write it on paper first, leave it over night, show it to your neighbor and your kids before you post it publicly. Theyu can sue you.

Not sure if this helps, but remember to golden rule.

Michael Filler said: "They can sue you"

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard of a suit let alone a successful one?

I don't know if has ever happened on e-bay, but we do live a litigeous society. If you defame someone in a public forum, which e-bay's feedback system is, then you are at risk. I don't say it is going to happen, but why risk it?