Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: +Kodak Ektar 203 F-7.7 Lenses

+Kodak Ektar 203 F-7.7 Lenses

I picked up a set of the Kodak Ektar 203mm F-7.7 (L) RO216 the question is will these lenses fit in to any supermatic shutter or what other shutter will they fit into :thank :
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

Re: +Kodak Ektar 203 F-7.7 Lenses

I would like to know also. I have a 1953 Kodak Supermatic (X) shutter with the original 1953 4.7/127mm Ektar cells. I had hoped that the 7.7/203mm cells would fit. I hope someone can confirm or deny that.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

From my experiences with the commercial Ektars, I can say that Kodak lenses had their own thread size and standard Ilex shutters (as used on other lenses) will not work (fit).
    Kodak had custom threaded mount on the Ilex shutters they used. Now since the Supermatic shutters were Kodak shutters and I guess used only for Kodak? lenses? the situation might be different.

venchka
    : According to my ruler its aprox 1-7/16's inches O.D. for the front cell , Back look's to be about the same : with a very fine thread! This lens was made while I was still in School 1956 #201
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

they should fit directly into any post-war Supermatic 2 shutter, pre-war had slightly different rear threads.

they were sold in Wollensak Rapax shutters also BUT these would only fit into Rapax shutters.

they were also sold in Synchro Compur shutter and these may also fit into Copal 1 shutters.

Number 2 Supermatic or Supermatic X of the same size will do it, I believe. I have some of every kind and I can check if you like. I know they won't fit in the Flash Supermatic that the 152 Ektar came in. It's too big.

Hello

It was Number 2 Supermatic.
    Good luck with the lens.

A number of 203's were offered in Synchro Compurs (some branded as Graphex). Those cells were in larger diameter mounts and won't fit the Supermatics.

Robert, are you sure that some Synchro Compurs were branded Graphex? I ask because all of the Graphex shutters I've seen have been rebranded Rapaxes.

Perhaps what Robert meant to say is these Synchro-Compur shuttered versions were branded with the 'Graphic' designation, not Graphex. They do exist (I have a 127mm Ektar in such a shutter) and yes they were fabricated with a different threaded mount in comparison to the Supermatic shuttered 203mm lenses.