Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wisner rigidity questions

wisner rigidity questions

Folding the Wisner involves a little trick to avoid undue wear and tear on the bellows. Rack the front focus out about an inch or so and loosen the front standard locking knobs before flipping the front standard down into the camera. Bring the front rise up as you fold the front standard in. This keeps the ends of the front standard frame from rubbing on the bellows quite so badly. There is still a little rubbing, but nothing major.

A little late but I would like to add my 2 cents worth. I own 3 Wisner Cameras, 2 4x5's and one 8x10. All are Tech Field all were purchased used(for a small fraction of New) one 4x5 went through hell before I purchased it, and the other 2 showed no use at all. All three preform as represented and all have been used and abused since I purchased them. I will admit that they all Feel like MUSH when in use(the 8x10 seems like it's made of jelly when extended) but I have NEVER had a problem making Great in Focus Exposures. And when I do have a problem it's because I'm to damn lazy to get out a Heavy Tripod. Most people seem to have problems with set up an folding the cameras(I know I did and yes I worried about the rubbing of the leather) but one call to the factory brought a very prompt return call by Mr. Wisner and with his explanation and some use, it's as easy as setting up the Old 2-D, just wish I could leavethe lens in place like the 2-D. I do recomend the purchase of a Bag for Wide lens use, it just makes life easy. I have read a lot of negative info on Wisner response but I have not had anything but very quick and helpful responses for parts,sevice and just general HELP. And NO I do not own stock. I wish I did as I plan to purchase a 5x7 and 8x10 before the end of the year. If you have any specific questions drop me a line I'll try to help.

Best of Luck(I hate making purchasing dissisions),

MAC

Wisner is not a publicly traded company so don't worry about the stock...:-))