Hi, this is my first post here. I just bought a Horseman VH-R with 3 lenses and a 6x9 back. Ten years ago I used a Linhof Technika 70 for a while so I have some experience using a field camera. Before buying the Horseman I searched this website and found lots of useful information. Many thanks to all those who provided this information.

Now for my question:
I will travel by plane from Delhi to Ladakh in India on July 20th 2009 and I plan to return to Delhi on the 15th of August since I fly back to the Netherlands on the 17th.

I would like to do 1 or 2 trekkings, depending on which one and the time the trekking(s) take but I would prefer a trek of about 14-16 days. The treks I am most interested in are:
- Rumtse via Tso Moriri lake to Kibber village in Spiti;
- Hemis gompa to Tso Moriri;
- Rumtse to Tso Moriri, maybe combined with the Markha Valley trek.

These treks go through the Rupshu area of Ladakh, a wild landscape with few villages but with spectacular landscape. There is a good chance to meet nomadic people on the way.
This is a link to one of the travelagents offering these treks:
http://www.dreamladakh.com/trek.htm

Is there anyone else going to Ladakh in that period who would like to join me on a trek? I have done treks before, both in Ladakh and Nepal.

As I wrote before, I arrive in Ladakh on Monday July 20. The first few days I need to acclimitize to the altitude and there is a monastic festival that week in Phyang, just ouside Leh, that I would like to visit.

I hope to hear from anyone interested,

All the best,
Frank Bunnik, the Netherlands
www.flickr.com/photos/asialover