Thread: Dynatran Tripod Parts

Dynatran Tripod Parts

Anyone know where these might be purchased? I know some Dynatran products are sold from www.amvona.com. However, I can't get the folks at Amvona to answer the phone ... and I can't find what I need on their website!

I have a Dynatran AT-6907s tripod with the 6907 head and quick release mount/plate. I overtightened the quick release screw when securing the camera and the plate broke. So, I'm trying to find where I might be able to purchase that quick release mount, itself. If not I can (*sigh*) purchase the whole head and/or tripod if I need to, but..... at that point I might as well move on and buy something that I can actually find information about

Re: Dynatran Tripod Parts

Why don't you have a look at Manfrotto and what they have on quick release mount/plates ?
    What is the size of your q.r.m.plate ? Dimensions ?

You have a good chance that one of them will fit your head.

Peter

Just waiting to be developed..

I had the same problem getting a plate for my Dynatran ball heads.
    Most of the plates are custom made for Dynatran. At least thats what they told me and B&H didn't even have anything close.
    Just keep calling. Thats how i got mine. It took a few weeks and many messages to Amvona.

Expect to pay $20-30 each. Thats what i paid and a year later, the head stripped and i threw it out.
    I switched to my backup Bogen 3 way pan head and it was the best decision.
    The Dynatran heads are way to loose. The metals used in them seem very soft and they deformed easily.
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Archphoto,

The dimensions are 3.5" length by 3.25" width. The equipment that broke is rented equipment, so I was trying to replace it like for like ... or as close to it as possible.

I'm a little new to this so my explanation may not be the greatest... but the part that broke is the portion of the quick release that mounts to the tripod -- not the portion that attaches directly to the camera. The plate/mount that broke is a bit unique looking to me because it doesn't just screw onto the tripod via one screw on the bottom/middle. It is part of the tripod head and attaches via 4 screws that go directly down from the plate into the tripod head at each corner. It appears I have to find a plate that will attach in this same manner.

Thanks for your reply. I'll look and see if I can find something similar from Manfrotto..

Ian,

Thanks for the info. I'll keep calling every 5 minutes like I did today It either goes straight to voicemail for each department I call (sales, pre-sales, tech support, credit, etc). Or the post-sale inquiry option does put me into a queue which I waited in forever and no one ever picked up. Unbelievable.

I have no attachments to Dynatran per se -- but the equipment I broke was rented. So I'm trying to replace it as quickly as possible. I've already told the owner about the mishap, but I just want to make good on it as quickly as possible since this is the first time I've rented from him.

Just waiting to be developed..

hmm that sounds like it might be a loss. Did the screws strip or the the metal fracture?
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Sorry, I thought it was the plate that mounted onto the camera.
    What I read just now it doesn't look like to be too solid.
    Have a look what the rental compagny says and get something descent for yourself.
    Manfrotto has great stuff and parts are seldom a problem.
    The same with Gitzo.
    I have both: the Gitzo for the Sinar P2 4x5 and 8x10 inch and a Manfrotto 055 for MF (Rollei SL 66 and RB 67).
    The Gitzo I bought back in 1980 and still works great.

Just a question: if it belongs to a rental compagny: glue it together with crazy glue if you can. If nothing shows that you have glued it, be ignorant about what happened to it.......
    Renting out that kind of junk.......... forgive me.

Good luck,
    Peter