Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Filter examples

Re: Filter examples

Guys, thanks very much for the great advice and links. I have a copy of Ansel's books albeit buried in successive moves over the last few years. It feels like I spent too much time with my DSLR over the last few years, though my renewed interest in LF is the direct result of having too many digital shots to deal with. Looks like I need to reacquaint myself with Ansel's writings.

Kev, regarding the resin filters, how scratchable are they compared to a traditional glass filter?

If I do go for glass are specific brands better than others and for what reasons?

I remember reading somewhere that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert... I better start hoofing it before I run out of time. To that end, can anyone recommend workshops focusing on the technical side of shooting and processing? Thanks.

Blair I'm not really sure about the scratch-ability differences between the two types, and know next to nothing about the different brands, maybe others could weigh in here. Is glass tougher, is it optically better? Possibly tougher but I doubt its optically superior?
    I just try not to leave my greasy paw prints on the little buggers and try to remember to put them gently back into there cheapo supermarket CD pouch when done. Mind you I've still managed to collect a few fine scratches, but I don't worry about it.
    So far the only workshops Ive done is with a good few dozen books at bedtime, but then again you should see my prints. However I should make a promise to myself to attend a Darkroom workshop with Les McLean before he dies or I die first

Those links were fantastic. Now, I have a handy table of filter factors I can reduce and bring into the field with me. Thank you :-D