Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your home made camera...

neophyte

Re: Show us your home made camera...

Does the front board fold up?

joseph

Quote Originally Posted by Bosaiya View Post
    Dear Joseph, I hate you.
    Well thank you for letting me know, Bosaiya...

Eric Woodbury

Very nice Lynn. I like it.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

Here's an 8x10 box camera I'm building, using a 10 1/4" Wollensak enlarger lens, canvas stretching frames for the front & back standards, a drawer slide on the frame, and black foamcore for box parts. I've made a 4x5 reduction back to accomodate the Graphlex 23 roll film back.

Why's it green? My daughter said it's gotta be green, so there you go...
    Last edited by Robert Hughes; 11-Nov-2009 at 13:53.

4x5 with rounded back for rear focal plane, this may compensate for distortions...
    scanned B&W 4x5 neg and PS color merged images...

"La Crise", Paris, Arc du Triomphe

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Coquis View Post
    In despite of adversity !!!
    Here is one I have been planning for long time !
    A beautiful "hybrid",
    RB auto graflex with front movements, yeah !!!
    The best from Graflex plus the best from Linhof, made in France.

why adversity ?
    camera comes from auction site, Canadian seller (therangefinder) omit to give precise info, so shutter is in good working order..., but curtain has been shortened and replaced. In consequence some of the exposures are absent from set. Only slow speeds work (from 1/10 to 1/90). I was needing fast speeds for fast lenses !!!
    If someone have an RB auto graflex that needs to go to a new home, please let me know. I will like to take this project to a completely happy end.
    <<Shrinked curtains not accepted :-)>>
    Maybe interesting for those who wish to update their Graflex RB (or other cameras with focal curtain...), mine was reviewed by Photo Technique lab in Limoges, France. Curtain was replaced for a new one and all camera mechanics are working as it should.
    And is a great camera !!!
    Send your request to Mael:
    photo-technique@orange.fr

Wanting something to fold and put into backpack I converted a Polaroid 340 to take my 6x12 film back. Not as pretty as some but works. 90mm fixed focus at 3.2m

Nice setup SM, along nearly exactly the same lines as what I am attempting with a polaroid 150. How much does it weigh in at?

Quote Originally Posted by JRFrench View Post
    Nice setup SM, along nearly exactly the same lines as what I am attempting with a polaroid 150. How much does it weigh in at?
    Total weigh with that lens is 750grams the back is just 20mm aluminum angle with a clamp to fit 6x12 filmback (another 650grams)
    Some more shots http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisfor...7623878823730/

I have a Polaroid 800 which is much like the 150 you have, I just thought it was to heavy for my requirements, also the lens board is a bit trick on it

Cheers
    Shane

inspired by this thread and others on flickr (especially joseph (jb7) and flickr user stonemute) here is my attempt (sorry i forgot to remove the clear filter for the pics):

Description: Schneider super-angulon 47mm f/5.6 (coated?, pre-multicoated/MC), horseman 6x9cm rollfilm back, graflex international back adapter frame, 3D-printed ABS plastic body/cone/spacer (+some chipboard to fix a mistake), helicoid taken from Konica 50mm lens, aluminum disc as "lensboard."

it "works," but not great. I have no ground glass to check proper alignment/infinity, etc (i have used a piece of mylar inserted in the darkslide slot, but it is not the right position?) and the horseman back is defective, which complicates testing - it skips frames/locks prematurely, etc. It takes pictures, but I would not say I have yet taken a picture that is sharp, not blurry, properly in focus, or devoid of light-leaks (I think the plastic is not fully opaque, despite the spray paint). I also need to make attachments for a tripod thread and accessory shoe for a viewfinder.

you can see examples here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skunsta...7622869820626/

I hope to re-make the lens cone piece out of something stronger and re-design the shape / dimensions with the knowledge i gained from this. my very first proof-of-concept version was a fixed-focus version made from chipboard (you can see that on flickr). I plan to cast it out of aluminum-filled epoxy resin.

the biggest lesson I learned is DO NOT disassemble a helicoid. I planned to use a metal olympus lens instead of the plastic konica, but i could not restart the threads no matter how long I tried. both are also only just barely big enough to allow for the rear element group of the lens to fit inside, wider helicoids would but nice.