Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your home made camera...

Re: Show us your home made camera...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    Thanks guys. James, those sliding box cameras turned out great, they look like fun projects.
    Andrew thanks for asking but I haven't used any pano formats in a while.
    Thx Colin

regards

Andrew

Thanks to everyone who had a look at my camera builds. Weather you have commented or not.

Yes - these were fun. And a few local photographers here is Saint Louis, Missouri are seriously looking into making photographs from Paper Negatives. Two want me to build one for them. I do not know about doing that, as I feel they are so easy to build, why don't they do the build theirselves? Perhaps they are not as handy as I am - and or - do not have the tools. These cameras can be built with very simple tools. All that it takes is a little effort and time.

;-)

-0-

DirkFletcher

Risking public outcry, I wanted to share a camera I just finished. My goal was To make a small and lightweight 6x12/65mm camera for travel. Notes about the project are on my blog, http://dirkfletcher.blogspot.com and other completed projects are on my Flickr, https://www.flickr.com/photos/dirkfletcher/albums
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7657.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	179465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7658.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	179466.

Nice solution for getting a lightweight panoramic camera.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

A simple 8×10 Back for a Sinar F, mounted to a (slightly flimsy) aux standard. Including bellows, which are slightly stiff but working. The ground glass is rather ground acryllic, and the spring back is »hair tied«.

Name:	25358950717_b3a7f92b64_z.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	184478

More images @ flickr

Quote Originally Posted by animaux View Post
    A simple 8×10 Back for a Sinar F, mounted to a (slightly flimsy) aux standard. Including bellows, which are slightly stiff but working. The ground glass is rather ground acryllic, and the spring back is »hair tied«.

Name:	25358950717_b3a7f92b64_z.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	184478

More images @ flickr
    Did you use one of those whole page Fresnel lenses for the GG. From the photo it looks like a Fresnel.

Quote Originally Posted by plywood View Post
    Did you use one of those whole page Fresnel lenses for the GG. From the photo it looks like a Fresnel.
    Yes, forgot to mention it. It’s a cheap reading aid simpy taped to the ground glass.

Nicely done! I've thought about making an 8x10 and 14x17 format change kits for my Sinar P, even bought some aluminum pieces but haven't progressed from there.

Ok. its been more than one and a half year since the last post, so let me revive this.

As stated in another post about designing my own parametric film holders, I'm in the process of building a Large format camera, based on an old ex-militairy espionage camera lens, A 919mm Bell & Howell beast, set in A Fairchild K-38 shutter. the thing weights as much as 15 kilo alone. It is married to the bellows of an Agfa RPS 2024 reproduction camera, of wich i also used the aluminium frame to hold the groundglass and film. Before using the agfa bellows, I made my own bellows from plastic laminated paper, used here in the netherlands to pack milk and yoghurt. i got a roll with black plastic on both sides, but unfortunately i foud out that this was not completely black.

here some pictures.

1. first setup with plastic bellows. this was a pain to set up as the weight of the lens tried to topple the camera without the back attached.

2. old back for unfinished camera, now replaced

I should have included a banana for scale, but rest assured this beast is huge. around the rim of the lens are three M8 bolts holding the lens to the lensbord. I never thought I would need a spanner number 13 to fasten a lens to a camera...

3. new setup on two tripods. this makes setting up the camera way easier due to the weight of the lens now on its own tripod. It is still missing the pinion and rack for focus. I will use the column of an Durst 600 enlarger for this, focussing the back side of the camera only.

DirkFletcher

4x5 wide camera with removable lens and focusing helical for 6x12 use.
    Recently finished a 65mm 4x5 wide camera based on the WillTravel 3D printable camera. I replaced his bungie loaded ground glass back with a non ground glass spring style back that makes it easier to unload and reload with one hand. I replaced the grip with a smaller grip that keeps the camera smaller to fit in a bag better and lastly I removed his 3D printed helical and replaced it with a flange that allows the same lens and helical combination to be removed and fitted to my 6x12 camera.

Name:	20DE7DCA-A076-485D-8BBE-4C908535AF30.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	204223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E8ECADD2-E553-417D-8F7F-2FFF2812361C.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	204224Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6A00C78D-610A-48A7-A980-85AB36C726A0.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	204225