Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 712

Thread: Show us your home made camera...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Nana Sousa Dias's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ericeira, Portugal
    Posts
    903

    Show us your home made camera...

    I would like to see some home made cameras. I have plans to make a LF camera and would like to see your designs. I would like to build 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 P&S cameras.

  2. #2
    Eric Woodbury
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    I'm working on it as fast as I can. I have the plans in my head and started drawing them last week as I sat in the pub. I bought the wood. I need to talk with the bellows people, but I haven't selected anybody for that yet. I have some gears and springs from a friends camera. It will be a 4x5 with limited movements (just the ones I use) and not made to fold up as this limits the ease of use. More as I go.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Besançon, France
    Posts
    1,493

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    There are several examples on the French LF web site galerie-photo.com

    Laurent Barthélémy, a wooden 4x5 camera http://www.galerie-photo.com/construire-sa-chambre.html

    Vincent Cabanes, a 6x6 (cm) precision monorail camera http://www.galerie-photo.com/constru...ambre-6x6.html

    Bernard Ardaud, a wooden 6x17 for ski-mountaineering http://www.galerie-photo.com/chambre...-montagne.html
    and a lightweight 4x10"
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/constru...mbre-4x10.html


    Gilles Barbier, a wooden fixed-focus wide-angle camera
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/barbier-hybis-90.html

    obscura camera a swiss-made wooden 4x5
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/obscura...hatellard.html
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/obscura...piccolino.html

    Renald Ozeel, a precision wide-angle 4x5 camera
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/chambre-legere-4x5.html
    a 4x5 pinhole camera
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/stenope-renald-ozeel.html

    François Besson a 360° panoramic Roto-Pinhole camera
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/eloge-roto-stenope.html

  4. #4
    Nana Sousa Dias's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ericeira, Portugal
    Posts
    903

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel BIGLER View Post
    There are several examples on the French LF web site galerie-photo.com

    Laurent Barthélémy, a wooden 4x5 camera http://www.galerie-photo.com/construire-sa-chambre.html

    Vincent Cabanes, a 6x6 (cm) precision monorail camera http://www.galerie-photo.com/constru...ambre-6x6.html

    Bernard Ardaud, a wooden 6x17 for ski-mountaineering http://www.galerie-photo.com/chambre...-montagne.html
    and a lightweight 4x10"
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/constru...mbre-4x10.html


    Gilles Barbier, a wooden fixed-focus wide-angle camera
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/barbier-hybis-90.html

    obscura camera a swiss-made wooden 4x5
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/obscura...hatellard.html
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/obscura...piccolino.html

    Renald Ozeel, a precision wide-angle 4x5 camera
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/chambre-legere-4x5.html
    a 4x5 pinhole camera
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/stenope-renald-ozeel.html

    François Besson a 360° panoramic Roto-Pinhole camera
    http://www.galerie-photo.com/eloge-roto-stenope.html

    Thank you, Emmanuel, there are a lot of good ideas, here!

  5. #5
    Nana Sousa Dias's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ericeira, Portugal
    Posts
    903

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    Quote Originally Posted by DannL View Post
    A 4x5 pinhole camera. It's made from a wooden spice box and a Burke & James 4x5 camera back.
    Simple and effective design.

  6. #6
    Nana Sousa Dias's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ericeira, Portugal
    Posts
    903

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woodbury View Post
    I'm working on it as fast as I can. I have the plans in my head and started drawing them last week as I sat in the pub. I bought the wood. I need to talk with the bellows people, but I haven't selected anybody for that yet. I have some gears and springs from a friends camera. It will be a 4x5 with limited movements (just the ones I use) and not made to fold up as this limits the ease of use. More as I go.

    Thank you, Eric! As soon as you have some images, show us, please!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,420

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    Here's a P+S 4x5 I made... I aborted this particular design and designed its successor in 3D CAD. Someday I'll get the CAD model 3D printed so I can test it out!




  8. #8
    Nana Sousa Dias's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ericeira, Portugal
    Posts
    903

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    Quote Originally Posted by bensyverson View Post
    Here's a P+S 4x5 I made... I aborted this particular design and designed its successor in 3D CAD. Someday I'll get the CAD model 3D printed so I can test it out!




    Why did you abandoned this design? What are the major problems with this one? I'm trying to learn from this thread the pros and contras of each design.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    3,835

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    I made this one about 4 years ago and haven't really used it since initial tryouts. I need to get/make some better pinholes and some kinda viewfinder. The material is 1/2" gatorboard, clothespins, bamboo print tongs, photo black paper tape. Gatorfoam is extremely light, rigid and machinable with a knife. Maybe I'll mess with it this week and post back with my results.

  10. #10
    LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Washington
    Posts
    3,337

    Re: Show us your home made camera...

    Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I made this one about 4 years ago and haven't really used it since initial tryouts. I need to get/make some better pinholes and some kinda viewfinder. The material is 1/2" gatorboard, clothespins, bamboo print tongs, photo black paper tape. Gatorfoam is extremely light, rigid and machinable with a knife. Maybe I'll mess with it this week and post back with my results.
    Vinny, I've never seen this one. It rocks! Can't wait to see the images!

    Now I put most of these on the other post about cameras so I'll post a couple here. My recently completed 14x17.

Similar Threads

  1. CARBON INFINITY CAMERA 5"X4"
    By EUROMODEL in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Yesterday, 07:23
  2. Show off your Large Format camera!
    By Sheldon N in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 3390
    Last Post: 27-Sep-2017, 13:24
  3. Psuedo helical focussing - possible?
    By bglick in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 19-Jan-2012, 02:30
  4. Has anyone built a Bender home made
    By Alan Chandler-Smith in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 5-May-2005, 01:10
  5. Ebony RW810: Initial impressions
    By austin granger in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 7-Dec-2004, 18:32

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •