Thread: Travel bag for Linhof Baby Technika kit?

Travel bag for Linhof Baby Technika kit?

Many of today's photo-bags are designed for digital kits, and I am having difficulty finding the ideal bag for travelling with a Linhof 6X9 Technika (with 3 lenses, roll backs, film, etc).

I am trying out the Crumpler Brazillion Dollar Home, and it is a pretty good shoulder bag, but the camera is so big that it takes up half the bag, and the whole kit feels a little heavy after a while... Another possibility would be a backpack like the Crumpler Customary Barge.

Is there a shoulder bag, small pack, or sling bag that would work well with my kit, be allowed on a plane, that I can carry all day, and that I can use without leaving it on the ground to be stolen?

Thank-you for your suggestions.

Re: Travel bag for Linhof Baby Technika kit?

look at the HAMA and LOWEPRO bags...

I got a Hama bag that fits either the Korona 5x4 or the Fuji stereo camera, and a few accessories down the side, then the rest in the outside pockets. I think they make slightly different sizes, not sure of the capacity of mine (I went by "lets put this camer in a bag and buy it").

You can get Lowe bags like the Stealth Reporter range for daytime carry round, or get a big bag to haul everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post
    Is there a shoulder bag, small pack, or sling bag that would work well with my kit, be allowed on a plane, that I can carry all day, and that I can use without leaving it on the ground to be stolen?
    You gotta be kiddin!
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    You gotta be kiddin!
    No!

I use Lowepro and they are really nice bags. If you are noticing the weight and are looking for an all day solution, you are probably going to want a backpack, and perhaps even a balanced one at that.

I have no idea how big your camera is but Lowepro makes some very large bags that should accommodate.

I use the medium Vertex for my digital kit and it is one of the best purchases I've made. This series ranges from small: http://products.lowepro.com/product/...AW,2072,16.htm to rather large: http://products.lowepro.com/product/...AW,2074,16.htm

You should probably find a local dealer and look at bag in person because there are so many variables, as Ash did. Mainly, it is going to be a huge bummer if the bad is not comfortable to you.

Many thanks for the suggestions!

Linhof is now using the bags made by Koenig for their soft bags. You might want to see if you can find a listing for these anywhere.

I have put my baby Linhof (Camera w/grip & roll film holder, three lenses, meter, five 6x9 sheet film holders) in a Tenba backpack. It is small enough for carry-on. I do not know the model of the backpack - no number on it. Lowel also makes similar packs but they seem bulkier.

The Think Tank Rotation 360 looks promising, and it was designed for on the fly photojournalism. It is a backpack with a built-in rotating waist pack which allows you to access items without taking the pack off. It also allows you to carry a tripod.

You store your camera body in the upper compartment, and when using your camera you carry it on your chest attached to the backpack straps. You access additional lenses and film backs etc. stored in the rotating waistpack:
    http://www.rotation360.com/

Though designed for digital SLR based systems, it just might be big enough for a 6X9 Linhof Technika, 3 lenses, 2 roll film backs, film, light meter, tripod etc.

Could this be the ideal bag for all day urban excursions on foot with a MF kit?