Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fujinon Large Format Lenses Sorted By Focal Length

Stefan

Re: Fujinon Large Format Lenses Sorted By Focal Length

I did the same swap, a Graflex Optar 135/4.7 replaced by a multicoated Fujinon-W 125/5.6 (55mm filter version). I was able to use the old lens board from the Optar with the Fujinon, and the lens also fit neatly into my Pacemaker Crown Graphic when folded. My camera is the 4x5 version, but the lens should be the same I think.

If you copy is anything like mine I think you will be very happy with the Fujinon. I did some comparisons using a DSLR as a "digital back" to compare sharpness (my Optar shutter isnt quite working so I dont have photos to compare). Sharpness at F16-22 or so is similar as expected, but contrast is much higher throughout the aperture range on the Fujinon. At bigger apertures the sharpness and contrast difference is major, with the Fujinon being tack sharp at F8 (on a 15megapixel sensor which is 1/35th the size of 4x5 film). Any softness with the lens would be due to mis-focusing or diffraction at small apertures. It also keeps sharpness much better to the corners, has a much bigger image circle, flash PC connector and is easier to find filters for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Malaud View Post
    Hello,

I am also contemplating to replace my 135mm optar by the 125mm Fujinon. There is one thing I am not so sure about, I have a 3,25x4,25 graflex, would the Fujinon fit on the original lens board? Or do I need to find another lensboard with a different copal number?

Thanks

I just checked my 125 W / 46mm filter version and its multicoated too. I bought it used several years ago for peanuts. Its realy an exceptional little lens. I've been shooting LF since 1964 and really didn't know anything about Fuji until a few years ago. I have a friend that bought Fuji glass with his Master Technika in 1974 and I bought all Schneider with my Master T in 1975. My friend Bill was the only person I knew with Fuji glass until the past few years. I now own a 600c, 250 6.7, 135 NW and the 125 W and could not be more pleased.

I have a Fujinon A 9/240 (multicoated), but mounted in a Sinar DB: could it be transfered to a "normal" shutter... and who could do that?
    Thanks in advance?
    "I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept!" (Ansel Adams)

https://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

***Update***

Well, I received a phone call from ?Joe? today. Joe, are you on the forum?

He is apparently the author of the Fujinon database I put on my website back in 2009 when the site at that time went down. He thought I was stealing his info, so I have removed it from my site and posted links to his new site. I am just glad that somebody likes fujinon enough to make a database like this!

?Joe's? old page used to be (which went down in 2009): http://members.aol.com/subgallery/byfl.htm
    The new page is: http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/index.htm

Lens info for everyone!

Also, ?Joe? I would like to publicly apologize if I offended you by posting your info. I was only trying to keep the information alive for the greater good of the photo community.

P.S. Sorry to dig up this old thread...Happy shooting everyone!
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

Thanks Will, thanks Joe, I too thought you were lost