Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x5 BW Fuji instant film - where to get?

4x5 BW Fuji instant film - where to get?

Hi all,

New member - first post here.

I am long time large format photographer. Started when I was 12 shooting 5x7 and 8x10 photo paper in pinhole cameras back in the 60's. I have built and owned a lot of cameras since that time. I enjoy photography immensely. Never earned a dime from it, and never had a formal show.

The past few years I have been shooting B&W Polaroids using a 545 back in my Speed Graphic. I get a real kick out of it. My last case of Polaroid 4x5 film is about gone, and of course no more is to be had.

I have been planning to switch to the Fuji instant pack films, using a 545 holder.

Looking for the following:

FP-100B45 Super, ISO 100, black and white
    FP-3000B45 Super, ISO 3000, black and white, comparable to Polaroid type 667
    FP-500B45 Super, ISO 500, black and white

But I can't find any of the Fuji 4x5 B&W films - have they been discontinued? If not, where can I find them?

Thanks,

Kurt

Re: 4x5 BW Fuji instant film - where to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fisher View Post
    NOPE!
    This happens here all the time. 45 is not the same as the medium format version. There is no longer film made that fits your 545.

You can't buy it in the states yet but they will begin to sell it in March (the 100asa 4x5 stuff only). google japan exposures, that's the only place to get it right now but it's $$$$$$ and you'll need a different holder, the fuji pa-45 if you can find one. The deman has been so high, the price has nearly doubled since I got mine about 6 months ago. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...older_for.html

vinny

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Eichenberger View Post
    Hi all,

New member - first post here.

I have been planning to switch to the Fuji instant pack films, using a 545 holder.

But I can't find any of the Fuji 4x5 B&W films - have they been discontinued? If not, where can I find them?

Thanks,

Kurt
    If the 545 holder is for the Polaroid single-sheet instant films, you won't be using any Fuji instant films, as they are PACK films and require a pack-film back.

All the Fuji b/w films are current production, but not all are yet officially imported into the USA. I think more will be available in March.

Sorry all,

I meant to say the 550 holder or the PA-45. I know the 545 won't work.

Glad to know the larger size is planned to be imported soon.

Kurt

LJ Segil

Dirk Rosler's site (http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/i...6d2de98fc8c1f0) has a 10% sale going on B&W film right now which takes their prices on the Fuji instant film (and the regular film inventory also) just a little ways out of the stratosphere, and the shipping costs are surprisingly quite reasonable if you aren't in a rush (claim 1-2 weeks delivery). I finally decided to bite the bullet and try out their Instant Film 4x5 B&W packs in the different ISOs (100, 500, 3000) and see what the film can do (ISO 3000 could be out of sight for handheld LF if you can see anything through the grain). The Fuji Instant Color FP100C45 is very good, I think much superior to the old Polaroid 79. They also have in stock the appropriate 4x5 pack film holder, new for the crazy $200, but also used for half that amount which is how I got mine and I can't tell it from new. Report back in a month or so on the film, and in the meantime make the usual no affiliation disclaimer although I have always enjoyed Dirk's contributions to the forum.
    Larry

I have used the old Polaroid 3000 ASA film many times in the past, and had always been amazed at how good it was. Thanks for the link. I may bite. Is this company located in Japan?

Kurt

LJ Segil

Yes but very user friendly.
    LJS

Well I picked up a used Polaroid 405 back today at my local camera store today for 20 bucks, as well as some of the medium format Fuji B&W instant film. So I'm back in business shooting polaroids with my old Speed Graphic. Going to place an order with Japan exposures on Monday for some of the Fuji 4x5 B&W film, while I look for a Polaroid 550 holder. Thanks for all the help.

Kurt

I can't see why anyone would pay as much as 100% _ shipping more for film from japanexposures, some of those prices are nuts.

Pity really as would like to use the B&W stuff.

Chris.