Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adox Paper from J&C

Adox Paper from J&C

Anybody out there tried Adox paper from J&C yet?

Adox Paper from J&C

Maybe in some other form. I really like Cachet/Maco Expo RF graded as an enlarging paper. It's my impression that this paper is actually made by Efke. It is also my impression that Efke is changing its name to Adox, since its films were actually based on the old Adox formulas. If the new "Adox" paper from J&C is the same as the paper I've been using, it's good stuff.

Adox Paper from J&C

Hi Ron.

Adox paper is made in Berlin by Adox and is uniquely coated on a vertical coating machine. As a result the emulsion layer is thick and very silver rich capable of producing wonderful deep blacks. The paper base is high quality triple-weight and bright white. I buy mine in the U.K. (where I live) from retrophotographic.com. It is a neutral tone paper - i.e. Chlorobromide - akin to Ilford Galerie, yet it is a V.C. emulsion with a true 0 - 5 range. It has become my first, and indeed my only, paper of choice. Retrophotographic only stock three sizes but they are surprisingly cheep (half the cost of Galerie/Seagull etc, or even less) for such a quality product. I heartily recommend you try some. Adox themselves have the catch-phrase "Putting the grey into black and white" and it's true. If you're after that elusive 'luminous' print quality - all shiny upper tones - you may have just got a step closer. A eulogy then - but a deserved one. Great stuff.

Neilski.

Re: Adox Paper from J&C

yes i have used this paper, i purchased some a few days ago from fotoimpex germany

the paper is pretty rough, in fact i have 15 year old paper with less problems than adox "fine print"

my box was complete with yellow and brown stains, hundreds of black spots all over the emulsion light damage to a lot of the edges rusty spots and surface flaws

it now resides in the bin (2 days old)

adox considers this to be acceptable condition and will not return any correspondence with me

Quote Originally Posted by pablo batt View Post
    yes i have used this paper, i purchased some a few days ago from fotoimpex germany

the paper is pretty rough, in fact i have 15 year old paper with less problems than adox "fine print"

my box was complete with yellow and brown stains, hundreds of black spots all over the emulsion light damage to a lot of the edges rusty spots and surface flaws

it now resides in the bin (2 days old)

adox considers this to be acceptable condition and will not return any correspondence with me
    Okay, Pablo. We all now know that you don't like Adox. So don't buy anymore. But the 97.8% of the rest of us who have had no problems at all with the product--and in fact rather like it--don't want a continued air blast from you every time the name is mentioned.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

hey thats my opinion, and i am pretty sure im within my rights to express it

i just dont want others to be majorly disappointed and a lot poorer like i am

i am not rich and now i cant print for a while due to it.
    so my air blast is going to continue over this for a long time to come and this may even bring my photography to a close

Again here is my reply to all of this:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...53&postcount=7
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Pablo, we get the message that the paper you have does not work for you. It is not OK for you to ressurect all old threads on Adox products and post your negative feelings. One post is enough. I don't see ANY other user complaining about ADOX products, so it must just be your one box that is a problem.

so we only post positive things on this forum , and never a potential injustice

i have given photoimpex 4 days to just email me and they couldnt even do that, they sold me a damaged box of paper as indicated by the pictures of the damaged box that the paper was stored in

i guess your right i should just bend over and take what im given

some people would just move on and chalk it up to experience, i am not one of those people

i hope others will think twice before making my mistake of trusting this paper supplier

and i think thats fair in a unfair world

It is OK to post your impressions about a product. It is OK to seek input from other users of the same product. You are now not doing this, you have gone beyond this, you are attaching your negative comments to any post relating to Adox regardless of whether it is the product you have or not. You are now becoming a Troll. Nobody else has a problem with Adox papers, it is only YOU.