Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adox fine print VC paper issues

Adox fine print VC paper issues

i just recieved some paper from adox, via fotoimpex in germany, has any body got any experience with this paper?

i have tried making a few prints and am getting yellowed prints and sometimes brown prints with some minor blackening on the edges, and then a great looking print with no problems at all. no consistency at all.

its only 1 day old and safe light tests are fine, new chems, well sealed box and a solid and matured work flow

any experience with this paper type?

Landscape/Still Life

Re: Adox fine print VC paper issues

I have used this paper before and never came across this type of problem during use... If the paper is one day old then get in touch with Adox could be a bad batch or paper is in fact older batch from coating... So in other words it might be one from a previous coating session than it actually is... things happen... What developer and safe light are you using? It could factor in to this PM if any questions... Hope this helps

red safe light and i had tested this with the usual coin trick and switching safe light of to set up and to develop

almoco developer

i can only think it is the paper , if it isnt then i have a problem as i cant think of anything that can be done differently except purchasing a entirely random but new chemical process.

looks like its back to expensive and flat looking ilford

seriously thinking about moving to digital as it seems as if there are so few choices left in the darkroom supplies, and it isnt going to get any better

photography is a endangered species, i hope it doesn't go extinct , as i consider it to be the only truthful art form that the art scene has

we will see i guess

Landscape/Still Life

Pablo I use Adox or Ilford with Ansco 130 modified version (w/a few cc's of benzo) I leave the red safelight on during the entire print processing session for each print... That pic of the paper looks horrible, don't discourage keep trying to stick with traditional photography its becoming a lost art but I will try to help you out as much as I can...

yeah its been a long road and i dont want to back track.

i finally got a full range of cameras 35mm rangefinder and slr x 2, macro on all formats, 6x6 ,6x7 bronnies,yashicamat, crown ,monorail, full large format darkroom colour and b and w ,all for less than 800 euro

i was a pro darkroom printer many years ago and since last june i have embarked returning to photography once more.

i have bought quite a few sheets of this paper including the largest sizes they have, the smaller paper size is the one that is pretty screwed up as you can see from the picture.

im dreading trying the larger sizes as i hate seeing paper go directly from washing into the bin.

i have contacted the german distributer (fotoimpex) and will keep you updated as i receive more info

pablo

Any respectible dealer will offer a replacement if there is a defect in manufacture. It is "possible" that the paper just does not like your developer.

I have been using the Adox Vario Classic for a while now as an alternative paper. I get good results from it if using the right negative. But I've never gotten a stained or off color print. But then, my wife doesn't let me shoot off color subjects, either.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

yeah its the inconsistency of the colour staining that confuses me, it seems that the paper is damaged but to different degrees on each sheet.

i had two sheets taped and dried this morning that i thought were ok, but one was clearly yellowed and the other was a nice crisp white

my work flow is consistant so therefore the paper must not be so.

still no contact from fotoimpex so we will see if the value there customers i guess

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30665456@N06/3250740573/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30665456@N06/3251567506/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30665456@N06/3251566910/

i changed all my chemicals and started again
    print is still yellowed and now i find age spots

case closed this paper is ancient, at least 5 years i would say, i have the exact same marks on old ilford paper

the paper is peppered all over with these marks

the pics are all from the same sheet and there are a lot more i havent included