Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GVB Groundglass

GVB Groundglass

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me if the Belgian company called GVB Groundglass, www.sheetfilm.be, a certain Geert Vanden Broeck, is still in business.

On November 10th, I ordered from him 2 groundglasses for my 8x10 Cambo, and paid them immediately.

A month later, I asked what’s wrong, and on December 15, the guy tells me he has problems with the shipping company and that the stuff will be sent by postal service.

On December 16, tells me he had to close his online-shop because of the shipping problems, and about him doing everything to preserve his good reputation.

Furthermore informs me his wife is about to give birth to their second child (good to know) and that he wants to spend time with his family.

Since then, no news. No groundglass.

The guy doesn’t answer his mails. I sent dozens of them, even through this forum.

No answer, and now the email address doesn't seem to exist any more.

Since days, I left messages with his family and on his phone box, but no call back.

Did anyone of you deal with this guy before?

Did something happen to him, or is he a lunatic or just another crook.

Hope to hear from you.

Thank you and best regards

Thierry Schreiner

Re: GVB Groundglass

sorry to hear about your troubles. i have two pieces of 8x10 glass i'm waiting on from dave parker and it's been close a year already. i'm not too concerned with them because i know he has a lot of orders. i did however place and order of 8x10 glass with steve hopf and he was a pleasure to deal with. the glass he sent was and is great. it's a tiny bit smaller than i need, but works and it came in two weeks or less from when i sent him payment. good luck with your purchase. i hope things get resolved.

best,
    nelson

Quote Originally Posted by nelson_chan View Post
    sorry to hear about your troubles. i have two pieces of 8x10 glass i'm waiting on from dave parker and it's been close a year already. i'm not too concerned with them because i know he has a lot of orders. i did however place and order of 8x10 glass with steve hopf and he was a pleasure to deal with. the glass he sent was and is great. it's a tiny bit smaller than i need, but works and it came in two weeks or less from when i sent him payment. good luck with your purchase. i hope things get resolved.

best,
    nelson
    I think Dave Parker (if he is Satin Snow) is actually out of business.

Looked at their site: they are cheap, a lot cheaper than Sinar.

Have you tried their Skype adress ???

I have a lot of queations too............

Peter

Dave Parker is out of business but he has promised to complete all of his outstanding orders prior to him haulting Satin Snow. Has anyone recieved glass from Dave at all post Satin Snow?

i got a screen from geert last summer, no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Archphoto View Post
    Looked at their site: they are cheap, a lot cheaper than Sinar.
    I received a replacement ground glass for my 6x17 back (which is much brighter now), last november. Quality is very good and the glass is very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson_chan View Post
    Dave Parker is out of business but he has promised to complete all of his outstanding orders prior to him haulting Satin Snow. Has anyone recieved glass from Dave at all post Satin Snow?
    I also ordered before he went out of business, well over a year ago and haven't received my 4x5 glass. Emails to the address he used for the Paypal transaction go unanswered.

Geert was online a week ot two ago. Remember in some parts of Europe have quite different attitudes and men have a legal right to take Paternity leave when their wife gives birth.

He may well have just switched off from all work related emails/PM's.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I fully agree with you on the paternity leave issue, and it should be left to everyone to structure his working and personal life. No issue with me, at all.

But with all respect, it shouldn't be a reason not to honour a commitment, especially since the "gentleman" tells me about his good reputation. In this case, he shouldn't have accepted the order.

All the rest is in my eyes just sentimental bullshit, which I am fed up with.

Funny the number of people I met lately in business telling me stories and looking for apologies, instead of doing what they promised, especially in the actual economical environment.

Best regards

Thierry