Thread: Hola from Andalucía · España

Hola from Andalucía · España

I'm a German and live in Granda, Andalucía, just 8 Kilometers from the 3.500 meter high and snow covered Sierra Nevada and just 30 minutes from the 'costa tropical'.

I'm 53, my profession is industrial design & engineering as well as photography & photo design (been in photography since my 13th birthday, and photography had always been a large part in my profession. Worked in a professional studio for two years, using an 'old' Linhof 4x5 and 8x10) . I'm focused on architecture, interiors, land- & cityscapes, documentaries, publish one or two books every year, work for publishing companies, PR and advertising.

I'm working with 6x9 for ease of handling and a controllable, in house workflow with 6x9 scanners. The problem is that I have no 'real home', because 6x9 is more than MF but only 1/2 LF. On the other hand I have to use LF lenses because there are no specific lenses for the 6x9 format. So I hope you don't mind I joined this forum

My tools include a Fuji GW690 III with a 3.5/90mm EBC Fujinon, a Fuji GSW690 III with a 5.6/65mm EBC Fujinon, a Plaubel 69W ProShift with the legendary Schneider Super Angulon 5.6/47mm and center filter, an Arca Swiss monorail 6x9 with a large set of Rodenstock lenses ranging from 5.6/45mm to 5.6/180mm.

What I like about the Fujis is their awesome sharpness. It's always a stunning experience to unpack the slides and view them on the light table. The Plaubel is my great 'love' because of its rise and shift capability. And the Arca Swiss, well, you know what you can do with it. No limits

BTW, I don't have any digital camera or back

So, even though I just have 'kids stuff' in regards to LF I think it will be fruitful and enjoyable time I'll spend in this forum.

jens g.r. benthien

joseph

Re: Hola from Andalucía · España

Welcome to the site-
    lovely filling station-

joseph

I see we have a lot in common. I worked for many years as a Lockheed Technical Representative helping customers with their aircraft problems. One of the customers was the U.S. Navy at Rota, across the water from Cadiz. After retirement, I became an active, as opposed to silent, partner in a metal working shop in Torrrance, California.. Amongst other tasks, we built frames for Honda prototypes and did a roll-bar installation for them. Unfortunately and unintendedly, they tested it. Fortunately it did its job and there were no real injuries.

I used photography in failure analysis for Lockheed and product views for the shop. I was a few years younger than you when I lived in Andalucia, but am now 26 years your elder. Cataracts and a back that strenuously objects to bending over for more than a few moments have drastically restricted my photography now, but I still maintain an interest.

I also lived in Erding near Munich for a pleasant year, working with the Deutsche Luftwaffe. I also worked with them on a cold weather test program in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada, That's an ideal place for that sort of lprogram.

Welcome.

Ernest

Quote Originally Posted by toyotadesigner View Post
    ......... Arca Swiss monorail 6x9 with a large set of Rodenstock lenses ranging from 5.6/45mm to 5.6/180mm..........

So, even though I just have 'kids stuff' in regards to LF I think it will be fruitful and enjoyable time I'll spend in this forum.

jens g.r. benthien
    Welcome, it is a great site!
    That Arca is a beautiful camera and sure does not count as "kids stuff"!

"Large Format" is a state of mind -- it has little to do with the size of your camera.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Welcome!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Thank you all for you welcome! I like the statement 'Large Format is a state of mind' !

It definitely is.