Thread: clouds hunting

clouds hunting

Hi all,

I am hunting the clouds. I am from Slovakia and waiting for cumulus clouds (thes e are the white clouds cruising the sky). Can you recommend me when or how to fi nd them. I was looking for weather forecast but they dont tell you where you fin d them to photograph

martin

clouds hunting

Go wherever thunderstorms are expected. Obviously the larger the expanse the better. If you are in the US, nowhere beats tornado alley, Oklahoma to Minnesota, this time of year.

clouds hunting

If you are searching in the United States, one of the very best places is the eastern plains of Colorado. We see some of the most dramatic cloud formations I have seen anywhere. Each summer day, clouds build over the foothills and move east over Denver and out of the plains, with some forming massive storm systems. It is quite common to see several thunderheads each day with tops in the 30 to 40,000 feet height. This country is a cloud watchers paradise. Richard Boulware - Denver.

clouds hunting

Florida. 2PM. Summer. Every day.

clouds hunting

Guys,

Cumulus clouds are the light, puffy ones you see on sunny days in fair weather. They are not thunderstorm clouds. You are thinking of cumulonimbus clouds, better known as thunderstorms.

clouds hunting

It's what Paul Strand called J&J clouds -- like little balls of cotton floating in the sky.

clouds hunting

Just call me the earth sciences idiot.

clouds hunting

Hi, I suppos you 'll have much luck to see them on a sunny day somehere above a nice humid forest, a big nucilar power plat or somewhere where the clouds must rize above a warm area (city), like at the beginning of a mountain. in Europe the best moment is in the summer, Holland, Belgium, France or Germany. where I live in Flanders, we have many doring the summer every 2 days some very nice ones, but not SO big. I hope this helps (if there is a mistake in please my answer please correct me, I only got small lecture about clouds once ;o))