Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my experiance w/ f64 backpack

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

my experiance w/ f64 backpack

Hello,,,, I bought an f64 8x10 backpack several years ago maybe 5 yrs. old now

I had a strap break at the bottom where it meets the pack.. Is there a warrenty on these packs ? I was thinking I read somewhere when I purchased the pack that they had a lifetime warrenty ...? Hard to believe the bottom of the strap broke instead of the top where the bulk of the weight is

thx

Re: my experiance w/ f64 backpack

Try contacting them through their website - http://www.f64camerabag.com/home.html

thx Don,,,says they take my photography serious and to leave my number at the tone... we'll see

They do offer a lifetime warranty on all their products against defective materials or workmanship - if your strap breaking is not the result of wear and tear, I'm sure they'll sort you out. Having said that, every "breakage" I've ever had on photo bags has been the result of wear and tear... Good luck.

anyway,,, btw I don't know what I would have done without this backpack because I have yet to find a bag that will accommodate 8x10 film holders/ lenses/meters/etc.

I suppose by laying it down on the moist ground it could have made the seams weaker but I consider that average use.. What I'd like is to hear from ppl that shoot 8x10" stuff and let me know their choice for a camerabag might be..
    thx

I shoot 8x10. My choice of camerabag for the 8x10 is an f64 backpack....

LJ Segil

I use the modified Kelty P2 sold by Photobackpacker.com, with cases custom fitted to the size of your camera, lens, or whatever. I actually have two, one customized for my Canham 5x7 and the other for the 8x10. I cannot speak too highly of the quality of the system and the service and help one can get from Bruce with a phone call. I have no experience with the f64 system for comparison, however, but I don't feel any need to look beyond my current setup.
    LJS

I'd go to the asian down the street. Its useful to have someone with those skills among your work associates. Have him make you a custom dark cloth ...

JY

Why not just buy a dark cloth, aren't they all made in China these days? I still see people being called Oriental instead of Asian. And how many use the term Occidental?

I once worked with a very nice girl who said she came from Taiwan, I told her I had been to here country and ask if she was Taiwanese, she blew up and said, "I am Chinese". End of the conversation there. I guess as an American it would be like being asked if I were a Canadian since I live in North America.

The Kelty mentioned above based on the Kelty Redwing weighs a little over 3# empty and they are very good for hiking. I used a Redwing when setting up a backpack for my Horseman monorail and the final weight was just a few # more than an empty Lowepro bag.

Discovery: the Case Logic DVD wallet is a perfect fit for 6x6 lensboards with a short lens attached.