Folks,

I’m posting at APUG and the Large Format Photography Forum

I’ve been talking to Jim Galli, a Kodak dealer, and others about Kodak aerial Pan-X film. There are rolls of it available, and it is a desirable fine-grained film. Those of you that know it know what it is. Allegedly, the negative in Polaroid Type 55 was Pan X. The roll film base is 3.9 mil, which is thinner than typical sheet film bases. 5” and 9-1/2” rolls are available.

Here’s the link for the tech specs:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

The prices for a 5” x 500 foot roll is $767.00, which is $3.69 per square foot, and would yield 1,500 4x5 sheets at 51 cents per sheet, or 857 5x7 sheets at 89 cents per sheet.

I couldn’t as yet find a quote on the 9-1/2” rolls, but they were quoted as being 700 foot rolls. Since film is sold by the square whatever, at $3.69 per square foot the price would be $2,044. This would yield 840 8x10 sheets at $2.43 per sheet, or 1,292 sheets of 6-1/2 x 8-1/2 at $1.58 per sheet.

Now the bad news is that the Great Yellow Father, as it always has, requires a 10-roll minimum. The dealer in question is willing to pop for that minimum if there’s enough interest/commitment. Personally, I intended to buy a roll periodically and freeze it, realizing this film’s life may be limited, although it is allegedly still being produced.

So I want to gauge interest. Just for hoots and giggles, who’d be interested in a roll of what? Do keep in mind that this would be fresh film from Kodak, not auction film of unknown provenance. The film would bought from, and be shipped by the dealer, not from me.

Cheers,

Steve