Thread: Lenswork Folios

Zebra

Re: Lenswork Folios

Thanks Jim

Monty

Michael E. Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    Give me a few days to email or pm everyone as there are quite a few of you. Again, thanks. Jim Becia
    You're awesome, Jim. Thank You!

I have emailed or pm'd about half of the list. I will try to finish off getting to everyone tomorrow. If you haven't heard from me in a few days, please let me know. I'm going to give you my email address as I will be filling up my LF mailbox pretty quickly. I can be reached at jimbecia at aol.com. Thanks. Jim Becia

OK, I think I have either emailed or pm'd everyone concerning their folio order. Please let me know if somehow I missed you (assuming you see this.) My pm box is nearly full, so in case it is, I can be reached at jimbecia at aol.com.

Thanks to those of you who have paid already. Due to the nature of this production, there are still some folios available in both sizes. So if you think you are too late, there's still time. Thanks everyone!!

Jim Becia

FOLIO UPDATE!!!

Ok, I picked up the cover stock this morning and delivered it to the production facility. As it stands right now, they have given me a finish date of next Thursday, Friday the latest. If so, I will pick them up next Thursday or Friday and begin packaging over the weekend. I'm hoping to be able to package up all of the orders, although that might be a bit optimistic. But in any event, the orders will start going out Monday. I'll try to post an update for those packages that do go out. Now depending on the order, some will go out via USPS, but most will go out Fedex ground.

Fedex ground needs a phone number, however, for those who gave me a number, that's not a problem. For those who didn't, we have a couple of options - you can either email me directly at jimbecia at aol.com and leave it or I can just put my phone number down and they would call me if there was some type of problem, not that I expect any.

And as soon as I get them in hand, I will post a couple of picks of the final product. I will say this, the cover stock is NICE! So, look for an update next week on Thursday or Friday. Thanks everyone! Jim Becia

Folio Update:

I was just informed that our run of folios will be ready on Monday instead of this Thursday or Friday. Sorry for the news. I was all set for getting everything out early next week, now it won't go out until mid week at the earliest. (Unfortunately, it also delays my trip west.) I will keep you up to date. Thanks. Jim

I would buy some of both sizes.

By coincidence, I received my first Lenswork portfolio in the mail today. I bought it out of curiosity to see what good digital B&W prints look like. I was sort of impressed. Certainly they were nice and the paper had a nice heft with no curl, etc. But the image itself just looked digital. I assume it was 35 mm but they were printed maybe 5x8 inches. I am no virtuoso but but I think the tonality and sharpness of my 4x5 prints are significantly better. But the presentation is very nice. These folio binders would make great gifts of a half dozen prints or so.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    By coincidence, I received my first Lenswork portfolio in the mail today..
    Just curious: which Folio did you purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    I would buy some of both sizes.

By coincidence, I received my first Lenswork portfolio in the mail today. I bought it out of curiosity to see what good digital B&W prints look like. I was sort of impressed. Certainly they were nice and the paper had a nice heft with no curl, etc. But the image itself just looked digital. I assume it was 35 mm but they were printed maybe 5x8 inches. I am no virtuoso but but I think the tonality and sharpness of my 4x5 prints are significantly better. But the presentation is very nice. These folio binders would make great gifts of a half dozen prints or so.
    I have been thinking of doing the same, to see how it is put together.

HTML Code:
    I understand, this is a very unusual situation for us. Also due to the bad economy we have been forced to reduce our staffing to the bare minimum to keep our costs down. I'm very sorry for the incontinence and delay in your vacation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 7:10 PM
    To: Tim Theis
    Subject: Re: Signed estimates

In a message dated 3/6/2009 10:24:27 A.M. Central Standard Time, ttheis@MCD.NET writes:
    Jim sorry to tell you these will not be done until 3/11 now. We have a job that we need to redo and it is pushing the schedule back. Sorry.
    FOLIO UPDATE.

Unfortunately there has been a push back until Wednesday for the folios. I've tried to include the two emails from the company. ( I hope they make sense as I'm not quite sure how to copy them to this board.) The top and latest one is actually quite funny if you read it. However, it's still frustrating on my part that I don't have these in hand yet. I'm itching to get them into everyone's hands and mine also. It's funny, for someone like me who has plenty of patience when it comes to large format shooting, this is frustrating. I thank everyone for their patience and my fingers are crossed for a Wednesday delivery. Jim Becia